How did it go for you?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Patty

We often hear the question “will there be other people my age at this place?” (And I suggest only partially in jest – no one is asking your age, so how would you know?) The thing is – we are all looking for the opportunity to be part of a community, and it can be reassuring to understand what that might look like ahead of time.

So – how did it go for you this summer? When you arrived at your Job in a Great Place – did you find “your people” immediately, or did it take a while? Maybe you were surprised at who became “your people” over time. Maybe you were totally caught off guard at the number of folks you met – like you, seeking an encore career, work/travel adventure, or a fresh chapter. And, maybe your new #BFF is 20 years younger than you! It’s all good.

Tell us about your place and your experience – inquiring minds want to know!

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Patty.
      • This topic was modified 7 months ago by Patty.
      • This topic was modified 7 months ago by Patty.
      Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Patty

Here’s a community resource for you, too! Be encouraged – the world is wide open to you! – https://www.coolworks.com/resources/will-seasonal-job-employers-consider-retirees/

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Rosanna Silverio
      Participant

It has always been lots of fun working the seasonal jobs! I remember wondering what it would be like “being older” than pretty much everyone going into my first seasonal job and honestly nobody even cares! What matters is your attitude, personality and of course, work ethics.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.