Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Kathi

Hey friends! Thanks for joining our new CoolWorks Community. Curious to know what your all’s plans are for the upcoming winter season? Working? If so, have you secured you winter job yet (Do tell!) or still looking? Or will you be traveling? volunteering? headed back home? Or? Would love to hear about your upcoming adventures!

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Coly Hope
      Participant

Driving a bus for the Town of Vail.

Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful
        Kelcy
        Site Owner

@coly_hope – that’s great! Hoping you dig it and that Colorado sees a lot of snow this winter. We had a pretty healthy winter last year, so fingers crossed for a repeat!

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Don Kostyal
      Participant

I am taking the long way home from Wyoming to FL. Went to Jackson and the Tetons, Salt Lake City, Bryce Canyon, Las Vegas and Pahrump NV, now at Williams AZ and taking a train into Grand Canyon S. Rim in the morning. Will get back to FL on or about 10/25 and taking the winter off to enjoy the sun, visit family and friends, get some personal things caught up.

Helpful
        Up
        Down
        Not Helpful
        Matt
        Site Owner

Awesome sounding trip, Don! We were at the South Rim in May, and the train coming in to the park looked like an awesome way to see the area. Were you back up by Devil’s Tower this summer? Safe travels for the rest of the journey to FL!

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Keith Larson
      Participant

I’m the Head Chef at the Kay El Bar Guest Ranch in Wickenburg, Arizona. Still. Or again. I ran into some health issues a couple of years ago and wanted somewhere to stay awhile until everything is good again. I’ll probably be here until April 2021. Man that seems so long when I write it.

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Kathi

@keith_larson Good to see you here in our new community Keith! I’m with you, 2021 does seem like a long way away, but the older we get, the faster the time seems to go. :-0 And what a great place to be to gain your health back. It’s hard to beat AZ in the winter!

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Timothy Ward
      Participant

I’m going back to Big Sky Resort to work as a housekeeper in the Shoshone Hotel. Gotta make that piecework lol!!!

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

@timothyjward you’re such a fan of the piecework structure that it’s got me interested! Would you be stoked if more companies went in that direction with compensating housekeepers?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.