Welcome and thanks for being here!
- August 14, 2019 at 4:57 pm #5243
- August 23, 2019 at 1:03 pm #5428
Hi everybody! Thanks for creating your account and setting up your profiles! Some of you may have been prompted to create your profile when you registered, and some of you may not. We are working on a kink between the tools (behind the scenes) that we’re using to create this space, and we’ve encountered a little snag with the thing that should prompt you to create your profile.
So if you’ve signed up and were not provided that prompt, please visit the “My Page” tab in the main menu header, and click the profile tab to input your profile info and look for an edit tab. There are two tabs of basic info and more info. Don’t forget to add your photo and cover photo so that we can all see, meet and get to know one another.
Thanks again for being here, and if you run into anything that seems buggy or off, please stick a note here in this forum, or feel free to send me a message directly.
- October 16, 2019 at 1:57 pm #5457
Glad this is finally a thing. I think an open forum for the workers to communicate is the best.
- October 16, 2019 at 4:54 pm #5459
- October 25, 2019 at 11:02 am #5469
- October 25, 2019 at 12:49 pm #5490
Hi @keith_larson – that’s a great question, thanks for sharing it! We’re shooting for December 1st as a date to retire the old CoolWorks forums. That said, that may change (possibly happening at a later date) depending on when we open up the forum to everyone to join. Thanks again!
- November 20, 2019 at 5:43 am #5518
- November 23, 2019 at 10:29 am #5523
- December 28, 2019 at 8:47 am #5536
- January 5, 2020 at 7:45 pm #5539
- January 6, 2020 at 9:42 pm #5540
@corey_boyer – Welcome! We suggest the Compare Notes forum for looking for feedback from fellow job seekers. https://www.coolworks.com/community/forums/forum/compare-notes/
I know some CooLWorks pals that are working down there now, I bet they’ll weigh in! 🙂
- January 12, 2020 at 3:06 pm #5547
- January 22, 2020 at 8:40 pm #5596
Thanks for approving me to join. It has been a while since I have done seasonal work. I am glad I checked in on the original My.CoolWorks page before it is retired. I look forward to making new connections here and sharing my previous experiences doing seasonal work as well as my future adventures. I also look forward to getting to know you all and reading about your amazing seasonal adventures. Thanks again for letting me join the new and improved CoolWorks community!
- January 23, 2020 at 9:04 am #5600
- January 23, 2020 at 9:05 am #5601
- January 23, 2020 at 9:22 am #5602
- January 23, 2020 at 9:23 am #5603
I am in the process of interviewing with a couple places. I am hoping to land a position with DNC as a senior resident coordinator at Yellowstone National Park at the Canyon location. I have a couple other promising opportunities as well. I will post when I know (hoping my next week).
- January 23, 2020 at 9:24 am #5604
- March 9, 2020 at 6:31 pm #5823
- March 11, 2020 at 10:00 am #5825
- March 20, 2020 at 12:16 pm #5836
I thought about just starting a thread, but maybe a separate section on coronavirus and its effects on seasonal work might be needed?
I know several people at ski resorts who were having a great snow season suddenly find the resort closed. Will people planning to drive to Alaska be able to cross Canada? Are places considering flexible openings?
And its not like ordinary jobs. Many state governments are halting evictions…but employee housing is not like normal housing. In most places if there is no work, there is no housing…
- This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Keith Larson.
- March 20, 2020 at 12:44 pm #5838
People working for Xanterra are being told they have to move out of employee housing in Yellowstone due to things shutting down. I know a girl who will be visiting family in Michigan until she can’t start at her later than expected start date for the summer season.
- March 20, 2020 at 12:56 pm #5839
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.