Monument Valley, Arizona

Welcome and thanks for being here!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

Please share your feedback or findings so that we can continue to improve the CoolWorks Community space!

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Matt.
      Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

Hi everybody! Thanks for creating your account and setting up your profiles! Some of you may have been prompted to create your profile when you registered, and some of you may not. We are working on a kink between the tools (behind the scenes) that we’re using to create this space, and we’ve encountered a little snag with the thing that should prompt you to create your profile.

So if you’ve signed up and were not provided that prompt, please visit the “My Page” tab in the main menu header, and click the profile tab to input your profile info and look for an edit tab. There are two tabs of basic info and more info. Don’t forget to add your photo and cover photo so that we can all see, meet and get to know one another.

Thanks again for being here, and if you run into anything that seems buggy or off, please stick a note here in this forum, or feel free to send me a message directly.

Up
      Down
      Joe
      Participant

Glad this is finally a thing. I think an open forum for the workers to communicate is the best.

Up
      Down
      Keith Larson
      Participant

I am wondering how long the myCoolWorks site will be up. I’m transferring some of my Blog posts and some of my pictures. Just wondering if I need to speed the process?

Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

Hi @keith_larson – that’s a great question, thanks for sharing it! We’re shooting for December 1st as a date to retire the old CoolWorks forums. That said, that may change (possibly happening at a later date) depending on when we open up the forum to everyone to join. Thanks again!

Up
      Down
      Timothy Ward
      Participant

I’ve been saying I was going to signup here for the longest and I finally got around to it lol. I think this will be a wonderful resource to help seasonal workers to find answers they need that aren’t readily available anywhere else online.

Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

@timothyjward Hooray! Happy you are here!!!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Kelcy.
      Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

@@keith_larson a heads up that we’ve officially set a date to retire My.CoolWorks. It’s last day will be the last day of January. Just wanted to let you know in case you’re still working on getting stuff out of there.

Happy New Year!

Up
      Down
      Corey Boyer
      Participant

Has anyone here worked at lajitas golf resort. Looking for feedback before applying.

Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

@corey_boyer – Welcome! We suggest the Compare Notes forum for looking for feedback from fellow job seekers. https://www.coolworks.com/community/forums/forum/compare-notes/

I know some CooLWorks pals that are working down there now, I bet they’ll weigh in! 🙂

Thanks for creating this!

Up
      Down
      Leo Anderson
      Participant

Thanks for approving me to join. It has been a while since I have done seasonal work. I am glad I checked in on the original My.CoolWorks page before it is retired. I look forward to making new connections here and sharing my previous experiences doing seasonal work as well as my future adventures. I also look forward to getting to know you all and reading about your amazing seasonal adventures. Thanks again for letting me join the new and improved CoolWorks community!

Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

@the_real_leo_1980 thank you for being here and rad profile pic! Is that in Yellowstone somewhere? What are you thinking for your seasonal adventures in 2020?

Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

@rosanna_silverio we’re so happy you’re here!!!

Up
      Down
      Leo Anderson
      Participant

I am in the process of interviewing with a couple places. I am hoping to land a position with DNC as a senior resident coordinator at Yellowstone National Park at the Canyon location. I have a couple other promising opportunities as wel.

Up
      Down
      Leo Anderson
      Participant

I am in the process of interviewing with a couple places. I am hoping to land a position with DNC as a senior resident coordinator at Yellowstone National Park at the Canyon location. I have a couple other promising opportunities as well. I will post when I know (hoping my next week).

Up
      Down
      Leo Anderson
      Participant

Thank you! I am thankful you are providing a place for us seasonal workers to connect, network and share our experiences and adventures.

Up
      Down
      Don Kostyal
      Participant

Glad to be a part of CoolWorks! Where did all the people go? Thanks for all you do.

Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

@don_kostyal like any new thing, we expect this new community will take time to build. Thanks for being here and continuing the dialog.

Up
      Down
      Keith Larson
      Participant

I thought about just starting a thread, but maybe a separate section on coronavirus and its effects on seasonal work might be needed?

I know several people at ski resorts who were having a great snow season suddenly find the resort closed. Will people planning to drive to Alaska be able to cross Canada? Are places considering flexible openings?

And its not like ordinary jobs. Many state governments are halting evictions…but employee housing is not like normal housing. In most places if there is no work, there is no housing…

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Keith Larson.
      Up
      Down
      Leo Anderson
      Participant

People working for Xanterra are being told they have to move out of employee housing in Yellowstone due to things shutting down. I know a girl who will be visiting family in Michigan until she can’t start at her later than expected start date for the summer season.

Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

@keith_larson and @the_real_leo_1980 thanks for this. A Community Member has created a separate thread dedicated to the issue, please check it out and weigh in here: https://www.coolworks.com/community/forums/topic/coronavirus-and-the-new-travel-ban/

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.