How are you all staying active, creative, and positive through Covid?

Hunt’s Mesa

Monument Valley, Arizona

How are you all staying active, creative, and positive through Covid?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Up
      Down
      Matt
      Site Owner

The sudden economic drop-off and shelter-in-place orders have had a dramatic effect on all of us. Folks have been laid-off, some have been told that the status of their upcoming summer job is uncertain, businesses are closing, and we’re all kind of struggling. Here at CoolWorks, we’ve got our own challenges that we’re navigating. But it’s important not to get too swept away in negativity and fear. It’s a tough time, that’s for sure, but we’re going to weather this storm together, so let’s focus on some positives!

What’s everyone been doing to stay active and creative and just generally upbeat through all of this? Daily walks? Writing poetry? Meditation? Crafting? Yoga? Playing music? A little bit of all the above? I’ve been playing a lot more guitar, something I’ve been missing a lot in recent months. I’ve been trying to write more. We have some friends who either just had a baby, or are about to have a baby, so I’ve gotten really into crochet and made a couple of baby beanies for those new arrivals. I’ve had a great time having FaceTime hangouts with friends and family that I wouldn’t normally video chat with under normal circumstances. It’s a good time to find ways to keep our mind off of current events and the dread-inducing news cycle, and to reconnect with simple joys in life. I hope you all are finding new ways to be positive and embrace these challenging times, and I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to these last few weeks.

Up
      Down
      Kathi

Badminton. That’s right, Badminton! No net. Just two racquets, a bird, and a very quiet apartment building parking lot. My partner and I do our best to keep it up in the air for as long as we can. We sweat, we breathe hard, we move what feels like every muscle in our body. And we LAUGH. Granted it took a trip to the store to get them, but we combined it with a necessary grocery shop and took lots of precautions. Including sanitizing the racquets when we got home. Highly recommend!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.