Employment Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

Have you heard anything from your summer employers and if so what is the status of your upcoming summer 2020 seasonal job?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Kelcy.
      Up
      Down
      Luke Dodson
      Participant

I spoke with the manager of my summer gig in Talkeetna and it’s looking grim. With the Port of Seattle suspending cruise traffic indefinitely there is now no official start to the season. I also spoke with some friends and old co-workers and learned that both Alyeska Mountain Resort and Chena Hot Springs Resort have suspended operations and laid off most of their employees.

Up
      Down
      Kathi

Hiya Luke. Thanks so much for that update. Curious if you’re working on a Plan B?

Up
      Down
      Luke Dodson
      Participant

Hi Kathi,
      I am. I’m looking around for farming/packing jobs this summer. Food production seems like a more reliable bet than tourism for the foreseeable future.

Up
      Down
      Kathi

If you’re looking for employers who have specific information related to COVID, their current hiring process and projected opening dates, these search results pull up all the employers and jobs currently on the site who provide information. https://www.coolworks.com/search?q=Covid

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.