Monument Valley, Arizona

Adjusting to the Seasonal Work / Lifestyle

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Up
      Down
      Kelcy
      Site Owner

When you’re new to seasonal, there’s a lot that’s new and different about the experience. We hope you’ll share your questions or concerns here or if you’ve been around the seasonal block a few times your or offer advice and insights.

Also, check out this really helpful article on the subject from our friend Gloria! It’s got some really helpful suggestions, and it’s always going to maximize your potential for a positive experience when you go into it with a good mindset and healthy expectations.
      https://toughnickel.com/finding-job/How-to-Adjust-to-Moving-for-Seasonal-Work

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by Kelcy.
      • This topic was modified 6 months ago by Kelcy.

Thanks for the post! I’ve just signed up here maybe about two weeks ago and diving into all the information provided. Never done anything like this so it’s both scary and exciting. If anyone could lead me to any forums for extreme newbies that would be most helpful! Tips on quitting the 9-5. Starting fresh somewhere new but needing to break my current apartment lease? Or figuring out storage for my life here in Houston. Any information would be helpful! Thanks in advance. 🙂

Up
      Down
      Patty

Hi Ashley

Thanks for jumping in here!

One of the things you’ll appreciate once you get further down the line, is that in the seasonal employment world, you’re generally hired with a definitive start and end date. This allows you to plan well in advance for travel, shifts, next steps, as well as the basics of “where will I be living in November?” for example. Many of the seasonal jobs posted on CoolWorks.com have staff housing associated with them – and you’d be assigned a place to live for the time that you’re there and employed. “Rent” and “Utilities” come as a part of the package, so you may not have to worry about another apartment for awhile! That might be refreshing or terrifying!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.