E&E Foods is launching a search for seasonal Rolling Stock Mechanics at our Coffee Point Plant.
Remote location with lots of wildlife
- Egegik, Alaska
- $22.00 - $26.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
E&E Foods is launching a search for multiple seasonal Rolling Stock Mechanics at our Coffee Point & Big Creek Plant in Egegik, Alaska, the season runs May-August.
The successful candidate will have:
A successful candidate is someone who can learn quickly, think independently and cooperate with coworkers in a fast-pace, diverse work environment. We are looking for people with strong mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience.
- Experience with gas, propane and diesel engines. Military multifuel and Cummins engine experience preferred.
- Experience with hydraulic systems.
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems.
- Self-directed, well organized and comfortable in a diverse living and working environment.
- Employee must have the ability to understand and follow all instructions and safety rules.
Job Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
The rolling stock mechanic performs a variety of tasks that include maintenance and servicing of all rolling stock including, but not limited to, forklifts, ATVs, pickup trucks, 2.5- & 5-ton military trucks, and heavy equipment.
The work environment is weather dependent: ranging from warm and sunny to cold, windy and wet. Working outdoors in a remote environment is not an experience for everyone, and candidates should understand their limitations.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- The starting wage is $22.00 to $26.00 per hour straight time and $33.00 to $38.00 per hour overtime. Overtime in Alaska is after 8 hours per day.
- Round trip airfare from largest city near point of hire to plan location in Alaska.
- Free room and board
WORK ENVIRONMENT and LIVING LOCATION:
- Must be able to sustain a 12 hour per day/7 days a week work schedule for the duration of the season, approximately Mid-May through early August.
- Housing is dormitory style, and you may share a room with up to 3 people.
- There are no health care options readily accessible.
- There is no cellphone signal and limited internet available. Communication is very limited.
ADA: EE Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
EEOC: EE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, age, ancestry, or disability. Previously incarcerated, BIPOC, women and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply!