Adventure Club which feels like hosting adventures with your friends. (Part and full time available)
Work can be from a kayak, a mountain top, a Tahoe ski cabin, or out in a pub in the Bay Area.
- San Francisco, California
- unknown / year + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
We are actively looking for a full time person that combines the skills of events planning, people management, and active/social/outdoors event hosting. You will create a monthly calendar of unique events but also be handling your events from start to finish which includes: planning, setting up, and hosting.
This is a critical position because you will be defining the club activities and adventures and making sure the events not only remain fun but also profitable.
Like the other Events Engineers, you will be creating and hosting Everything from a bonfire on the beach, 4 hour indoor rock climbing excursion to a weekend trip backpacking/camping in the sierras, to a simple hike on the beach, and even custom trips abroad from Thailand to South America.
The role also involves being an operations manager to keep us organized, help plan other host's events, manage operations, interact with staff and members, complete financial reports, and focus on fun and safety. We want someone that grows with the club as we expand in to new cities and operations.
We are an Adventure & Activities Social club, hosting 25-30 events monthly. Over the past 15 years we have hosted over 7000 events and have over 1000 members. We are a membership based club with a 'start-up' mentality that has grown to be the premier organization in Northern California, mostly through word of mouth.
MORE DETAILS: https://www.club.urbandiversion.com/jobs
PAY: we currently offer the starting base salary listed plus a revenue share on events, as well as significant annual raises, making it one of the best paying positions in the industry.
We work from home part time, and work from the clubhouse sometimes. Work is exciting, fun, and extremely rewarding as you are changing people's lives, and it becomes a dominant part of your life. But we mandate a good work/personal-life balance that we have learned over the years. You will have to work some weekends, but you get weekdays off when that happens. We also sometimes work from really strange places when you are working with the events team; Yosemite, our Tahoe cabins, or a pirate ship, it is all part of being at this amazing events company.
- Must be over 21 years of age and mature
- Independent organized overachiever
- Extremely outgoing personality
- Creative activity planner
- Social media marketing prowess
- Experience in event coordination or similar activities
- Must QUICKLY become very familiar with the San Francisco Bay Area
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- MUST have a driver's license and driving experience
- Should be willing to try any type of event
- Must be computer savvy. spreadsheets, word, social media (HTML is helpful, not required)
- Time management skills, ability to multi-task and switch tracks at a moment's notice.
How to Apply
1) Fill out online app - https://www.club.urbandiversion.com/jobs - highlight your directional desires.
2) Email Introduction -highlight your understanding of company and position.
+Send Resume - highlighting any experience, achievements and certifications
+Send Other supporting documents - articles, photos of events hosted, highlight your personality, management skills, interests