Spend the winter working under the blue skies of Arizona at our Historic Guest Ranch
4 miles south of Patagonia, Arizona, in the Sky Island region of Southern Arizona
- Patagonia, Arizona
- $2,800.00 / month + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Cook position at Circle Z Ranch for our 2022-2023 season. opening immediately and ends late-April 2023
Circle Z Ranch is seeking a Cook that can meet our high standards of delicious, homemade meals while incorporating their own recipes and flair. We serve a variety of cuisines and special diets including, but not limited to, Hypoallergenic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Asian, Mexican, and Italian. We provide an assortment of tried and true Circle Z recipes that are the building blocks for your weekly menus.
The Prep Cook position will require exceptional communication and organization skills, as well as the ability to perform multiple culinary tasks including cooking, baking, prepping, and planning.
- Assist with daily preparation of baked goods from scratch for ranch and staff (30-70 individuals)
- Assist in preparation for other meals and hors d' oeuvres
- Prepare for three weekly cookouts
- Prepare sack lunches for guests on all day rides
- Comply with Santa Cruz Health Department requirements
- Review food costs with supervior and maintain budgetary expectations
- Plan and communicate inventory needs with cooks and supervisor
- Check quality of food and supplies
- Responsible for kitchen cleanliness
- Leave kitchen clean and ready for the next shift
- Efficiently adjust to last minute changes
- Attend staff and department meetings
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of experience cooking in guest ranches or restaurants
- Culinary Arts certificate
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use technology to communicate, plan, and order provisions
- Excellent physical condition and stamina to work irregular and long hours
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Food Handler’s Certificate (Circle Z Ranch will provide this training if hired)
Working Conditions for the Prep Cook position include:
- Standing for long periods of time, lifting, reaching, stooping
- Working with and around sharp kitchen implements, appliances, and equipment
- Working with and around high temperatures from ovens, stoves, grills, and other kitchen appliances
- Working weekends, nights, and holidays
- Extended periods of work without time off may be required
The specific requirements, duties and skills set forth in this job description are intended to be all-inclusive as of date this document is prepared. Circle Z Ranch reserves the right to modify this job description at any time. This job description may not contain all the duties you may be asked to perform during the period you work at the ranch. Further, the job description is not a guarantee that you will perform any of these duties.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW and begin your online application today!