This is a full-time year-round position.
Job duties required, but not limited to, include:
- cleaning rooms,
- cleaning employee housing
- employee dining area
Employee Housing is free of charge. We provide single occupancy lodging to staff and all meals are provided at no charge as well.
All the activities we offer our guests are free to employees.
We provided a shuttle service from Fairbanks to our beautiful resort for all new employees.
We are a smoke-free resort and conduct random drug testing.
Massage TherapistChena Hot Springs, Fairbanks, AlaskaWe are a medium-sized resort located sixty miles North-East of Fairbanks, Alaska, located in the Chena River State Recreation Area. Notable for our Hot Springs, we also offer a variety of outdoor activities, including Hiking, Camping, ATV/Snowmachine Tours, Dog Sled Rides, and Northern Lights Viewing during the Aurora Season. We also offer a restaurant and café, hotel, and gift shops.We offer massage therapy and are looking to hire a therapist licensed in Alaska. We offer Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, Pregnancy massages, and Reflexology.The applicant, if hired, should expect to:
As with all jobs offered at Chena Hot Springs Resort, single-occupancy housing with communal bathroom is provided, as is two hot meals a day and breakfast cereals.
- Provide 30-90 minute massages to clients by appointment
- Guide clients through service offerings and determine which massages would benefit them most
- Take a detailed client history and note any health conditions
- Evaluate clients to determine painful or stressed areas of the body
- Advise clients on stretching, strengthening or relaxation methods
- Suggest future massage appointments and regime to clients
- Listen to clients during appointments and adjust technique as they desire.
Are you someone who enjoys planning? Assist our guests by planning their stay at Chena Hot Springs Resort! Our ideal Sales Agent would be a self-motivated problem-solver who loves to chat with our guests via phones, email, or Instant Messaging. They would be booking hotel rooms, activities, massages, transportation, or all of the above in a pre-built package.
Also expected would be the ability to answer many of our guests' questions regarding the resort, policies, Northern Lights, and Alaska in general.
Before beginning the position as a Sales Agent, there is a training period where the candidate works for three weeks in the positions of Housekeeper, Pool Technician, Tour Guide, Busser, and Front Desk Agent, before 'graduating' to Sales Agent at the end of the training period.
This is a seasonal position (October through March and April through September). Upon completion of the first season, a $500 bonus is paid out.
Included in employment is single-occupancy housing, two hot meals a day, access to the Hot Springs and all tours, and usage of the Chena Shuttle.
- Proficient computer skills, with an emphasis in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Enjoy working under pressure.
- Tourism experience of 1-5 years
- Reservations experience or
- Call Center experience
Food and Beverage
Lodging, Activities and Spa
Marketing and Sales
How to Apply
Please click APPLY HERE to complete our online application