Apply for our line cook position and join our kitchen staff!
We are best known for our natural hot springs, our one of a kind ice museum, spectacular aurora viewing and our geothermal powered facilities. Chena Hot Springs is a medium-sized resort located sixty miles North-East of Fairbanks, Alaska, the Chena River State Recreation Area is just seven miles away from our destination. We operate year-round and offer summer and winter activities to you and our guests. This remote location has a full service restaurant, a café, hotel rooms and gift shops. Come and experience what we have to offer to our local Alaskans and the world.
Line Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs.
As a Line Cook you will work in our Kitchen to prepare either Breakfast, Lunch and/or Dinner meals for our Restaurant and will need a Food Handler's Card. This is a fast-paced position and employees will be expected to work 6-7 days a week, 10-12 hour days. We offer room and board as well as employee stock ownership plan. Live in a remote area with access to our hot springs and plenty of activities year-round.
Line Cook Qualifications/Skills:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred
- Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
- Familiar with industry best practices
As with all jobs offered at Chena Hot Springs Resort, single- or double-occupancy housing with communal bathroom is provided, as is two hot meals a day and breakfast cereals.
Apply now and get to experience the interior of Alaska!Apply Now
We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our kitchen staff and maintain cleanliness around our resort restaurant.
Dishwasher Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized.
- Sets up dish stations, including dishmachines and sinks.
- Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores china, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers.
- Changes water of machines and sinks every two hours, or more often as required by business levels, and properly uses chemical dilutions set by EcoLab.
- Assists in the timely storing of food deliveries.
- Maintains trash cans throughout shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift.
- Maintains the dry storage area and the organization of storage shelves.
- Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties.
- Assists in food prep and any other duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed.
We offer room and board as well as employee stock ownership plan. Live in a remote area with access to our hot springs and plenty of activities year-round.
Dishwasher Qualifications / Skills:
- Customer service
- Planning and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Hospitality-related kitchen experience preferred
- Current food handler’s card and other certification as required by federal/state/local law
Apply now and get to experience the interior of Alaska!Apply Now
Chena Hot Springs Resort is now hiring for an exciting new position: Busser
We are looking to add to our team! Looking for hardworking individuals up for the experience of a lifetime in Alaska country. Our esteemed resort, founded in 1905 has grown incredibly over the years leading to new-found growth and opportunities. The resort is home to the hot springs and continues to welcome people from all over the world to bathe in the curative powers of the hot waters. The Resort is located approximately 60 miles northeast of Fairbanks, accessed year-round on a State maintained road via Chena Hot Springs Road. Also, at the resort you’ll find sustainable green initiatives like our greenhouse and Geothermal power plant; as well as our on-site tours to include: dog sledding, Aurora Viewing tours, ATV rides, horseback riding, massage, and more!
Greeting guests, and setting them at tables.
Connecting with guests to make their Chena experience memorable
Bussing tables and maintaining dining area
Communicate and coordinate with restaurant and kitchen staff.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse staff
Physical strength and stamina to work extended periods
Hospitable and enjoys connecting with guests to create positive experiences
Knowing how to prioritize
Must be flexible with AM & PM shifts
Requires living on property at Chena Hot Springs Resort.
TAPS and ServSafe certifications or willing to obtain them.
Restaurant experience of 1+ years
High school diploma or GED Certificate
Perks: ALL AT NO COST!
Double and single occupancy rooms
Two free meals daily in employee dining
All activities we offer our guest we encourage our employees to do, including excess to hot springs
Employees have access to guest shuttles provided room available
Hotel Front Desk Agent
Chena Hot Springs, Fairbanks, Alaska
We are a medium-sized resort located sixty miles North-East of Fairbanks, Alaska, located in the Chena River State Recreation Area. Notable for our Hot Springs, we also offer a variety of outdoor activities, including Hiking, Camping, ATV/Snowmachine Tours, Dog Sled Rides, and Northern Lights Viewing during the Aurora Season. We also offer a restaurant and café, hotel, and gift shops.
Our Front Desk Agent position requires an upbeat, personable employee who values the customer experience. The Front Desk is the first and the final point of contact for guests – the agent each guest interacts with will be able to make or break the guests’ stay.
The agent will be expected to:
- Communicate with each individual guest for a personalized experience.
- Inform guests of all on-site amenities, including directions and hours of different departments.
- Check guests in and out of the hotel using Executech software.
- Bill guests accurately and interpret folios.
- Handle low-level guest complaints.
- Answer the phone and redirect calls as necessary.
- Create hotel and package reservations.
- Ring guests up when purchasing gift shop items.
Relevant skills will include:
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic mathematics skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Problem-solving abilities.
As with all jobs offered at Chena Hot Springs Resort, single- or double-occupancy housing with communal bathroom is provided, as is two hot meals a day and breakfast cereals.Apply Now
This is a full-time year-round position.
Job duties required, but not limited to, include:
- cleaning rooms,
- cleaning employee housing
- employee dining area
Employee Housing is free of charge. We provide single- or double-occupancy housing lodging to staff and all meals are provided at no charge as well.Apply Now
All the activities we offer our guests are free to employees.
We provided a shuttle service from Fairbanks to our beautiful resort for all new employees.
We are a smoke-free resort and conduct random drug testing.
Your office is basically the great outdoors! From the seat of your modern Ford van you get the opportunity to see all kinds of wonderful wildlife on a 60 mile drive from Fairbanks to Chena Hot Springs Resort. Every day is a new experience on one of the most beautiful drives in the entire Tanana Valley.
Single- or double-occupancy housing and meals is included in pay Tips are plentiful for those who know their stuff!
We ate looking for outgoing and energetic people!
Apply now and reference “Signing Bonus” to inquire about this weeks bonus opportunity
- The position will be to support the greenhouse manager in the production of two year-round hydroponic crops, a large summer floral crop, and summer vegetable production.
- All produce grown is used on-site to supply employees and guests at the resort with fresh meals.
- Maintain year-round hydroponic lettuce, basil, and Thai basil crop, including harvesting, cleaning trays, mixing fertilizer and seeding.
- Maintain an eleven-month hydroponic tomato crop including harvesting, pollinating, trellising, and pruning.
- Maintain one main 6000 sq ft greenhouse, one smaller hoop-house, and one high tunnel. This includes sweeping, mopping, washing pots, PVC piping repair, minor construction.
- Propagate a large floral crop for outdoor landscaping during the summer months from seed and cuttings. Summer work includes transplanting, watering, tilling, composting, weeding, and planting.
- There are two main vegetable garden plots used for summer food production.
- This is an amazing opportunity for a horticulturist to gain a diverse experience and skill set.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Any education in Horticulture or a related field is a huge plus.
- Greenhouse or nursery work experience producing vegetables or ornamental plants. Experience with hydroponic lettuce or tomato production is desirable.
- Knowledge of and interest in hydroponics and soil crop production systems, fertilizer application, pest control and other aspects of greenhouse and field production.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs (lifting harvest buckets, trays, supplies, tomato plants).
- Ability to work on a ladder with arms extended above your head for long periods.
- Ability to operate a four-wheeler and small tractor with implements, or the ability and willingness to learn how.
- Alaska pesticide applicators license or ability to obtain one with one within a designated time period.
- Willingness and ability to learn to mix fertilizers, acid for pH adjustment and apply pesticides (including herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and traps).
- Ability and willingness to use hand tools to make common repairs and modifications, and for garden cultivation.
- Ability to work on the ground (kneeling) for long periods for plant out, weeding, and other situations as necessary.
- Willingness to work with a team or alone for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work and live on-site at a semi-remote location in Alaska year-round with an understanding that this can mean interrupted and limited phone and internet service.
- Experience with minor plumbing, electrical, and equipment maintenance a plus.
Food and Beverage
Lodging, Activities and Spa
How to Apply
Please click APPLY HERE to complete our online application