Tour Guide / Activity Desk Agent
$12.00 / hour + tipsApply Now
Chena Hot Springs Resort is now hiring for an exciting new position: Activities Center/Tour Guide
We are looking to add to our team! Looking for hardworking individuals up for the experience of a lifetime in Alaska country. Our esteemed resort, founded in 1905 has grown incredibly over the years leading to new-found growth and opportunities. The resort is home to the hot springs and continues to welcome people from all over the world to bathe in the curative powers of the hot waters. The Resort is located approximately 60 miles northeast of Fairbanks, accessed year-round on a State maintained road via Chena Hot Springs Road. Also, at the resort you’ll find sustainable green initiatives like our greenhouse and Geothermal power plant; our on-site tours to include: dog sledding, Aurora Viewing tours, ATV rides, horseback riding, massage, and more!
- A point of reference for all activity based tours we have on property: ATV, Side-by-Side ATV, Snowmobile tours, and SUS-V Snow Coach tours for Aurora Borealis.
- Guiding informational based tours such as the Ice Museum, and Renewable Energy tour based on the Geothermal Center & Chena Greenhouse
- Ability to communicate and interact with large, diverse groups of people on tours and in Activities Center.
- Ability to handle cash for both tours and Aurora Café
- Basic café duties such as making coffee, stocking, and cleaning.
- Ability to act as both tour guide and café attendant.
- Hospitable attitude and desire to create lasting memories for our guests
- Positive person excited for new challenges with the ability to problem solve
- Physical strength and stamina to work extended periods standing up
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize and organize
- Requires living on the property at Chena Hot Springs Resort.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED Certificate
Perks: ALL AT NO COST!
- Double and single occupancy rooms
- Two free meals daily in employee dining
- All activities we offer our guest we encourage our employees to do, including excess to hot springs
- Employees have access to guest shuttles provided room available