$16.00 - $18.00 / hourApply Now
Chena Hot Springs Resort is now hiring for an exciting new position: Mechanic
We are looking to add to our team! Looking for hardworking individuals up for the experience of a lifetime in Alaska country. Our esteemed resort, founded in 1905 has grown incredibly over the years leading to new-found growth and opportunities. The resort is home to the hot springs and continues to welcome people from all over the world to bathe in the curative powers of the hot waters. The Resort is located approximately 60 miles northeast of Fairbanks, accessed year-round on a State maintained road via Chena Hot Springs Road. Also, at the resort you’ll find sustainable green initiatives like our greenhouse and Geothermal power plant; our on-site tours include dog sledding, Aurora Viewing tours, ATV rides, horseback riding, massage, and more!
- Work on a variety of different powered equipment including but not limited to; generators, passenger vehicles, ATVs, snow machines, lawn mowers, industrial heavy equipment, and our illustrious SUS-Vs. These Mercedes Diesel-powered famous tracked vehicles are one of our Resorts star attractions.
- Drive heavy equipment and move it around the property to where it is needed
- Inspect and maintain all the equipment at the resort as well as perform preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Work with the maintenance department on any projects they require mechanical help with
- Must supply your own tools including:
- Normal mechanic tool kit.
- Assorted Screwdrivers
- Adjustable Wrenches
- Small Pry Bar
- Electrical Probe or Wand
- Side Cuts
- Channel Locks
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Cordless Impact Driver or Drill
- Able to lift 50lbs or more
- Physical strength and stamina to work extended periods
- Must be self-motivated and be able to get the job done individually
- Great time management skills
- Requires living on the property at Chena Hot Springs Resort.
- The standard work week at Chena is 6 days a week.
Perks: ALL AT NO COST!
- Double and single occupancy rooms
- Two free meals daily in the employee dining
- All activities we offer our guests we encourage our employees to do, including access to the hot springs
- Employees have access to guest shuttles provided space is available
Pay dependent on experience. $16-$18/hour