Charit Creek is now accepting applications at our off the grid, backcountry lodge located in the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area in beautiful East Tennessee.
Our season typically runs March 1st - December 31st, with the spring and fall seasons being distinctly busy. Our crew members work an average of 40 hours per week and typically receive at multiple days off in a row to enjoy the area. We are a high achieving staff that strives to bring on crew members that reflect ultimate hospitality and and unwavering commitment to our guests and to each other.
These are mostly year round, full time position with lodging and food provided and is a tremendous opportunity for a self driven, motivated individual with a background in working at a remote, full service lodge and the ability to work well with a driven, high achieving team of 4-7 crew members.
While not as well known as the other off the grid backcountry lodges in the East, Charit Creek Lodge offers a unique blend of first class hospitality, clean and comfortable but rustic accommodations, exceptional hand-crafted meals and a nature experience that is one of a kind. We strive to offer our guests an experience that they will not soon forget!
If you've ever wanted to experience living and working in an off the grid location with other crew members who love their job, this is the place for you!
- Provide engaged, friendly and attentive customer service and information to all guests inclusive of eye contact, respectable conversation and a positive and friendly attitude.
- Responsible for (with the On Site Manager) the overall culinary and food program at Charit Creek Lodge including ordering, management of inventory, meeting all state and federal health guidelines and procedures, directing preparation and execution of all meals, and dining room service of family style meals at Charit Creek Lodge.
- Directing preparation and execution of thoughtful and creative crew meals.
- Coordinate with lodge On Site Manager for ordering of all supplies, maintenance of all associated equipment and inventory of all items related to the kitchen and dining operation.
- Work with lodge On Site Manager to improve on current food costs, recipes and kitchen operations including production of the Charit Creek Lodge cookbook that is sold at multiple locations.
- Recruitment, hiring and retention of lodge crew members, especially kirchen and dining room staff.
- Managing, training and evaluation of crew members related to kitchen and dining room duties and responsibilities.
- Working with Lodge On Site Manager to update and maintain a current copy of standard operating procedures along with all daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Manage the process of keeping kitchen, dry goods storeroom and all other ares associated with kitchen operations neat, orderly, rotated, labeled and in good working order.
- Communicate clearly with all crew members to inspire and create a culture of success and positivity.
- Manage our water program including treatment, storage, reporting and sample turn-in to the State of Tennessee.
- Oversee entire lodge operations as a Manager on Duty as needed.
- Ability to work with all crew members to continuously decrease impact on the environment including reducing the lodge's carbon footprint and to encourage crew to live more sustainably.
- Work with Gardener to plan plantings and harvest of food that will be prepared for guest and crew meals.
- Work with Housekeeping Supervisor, Maintenanance and General Manager to make Charit Creek Lodge a preeminent destination for nature lovers and for those who seek to disconnect and get in touch with the sights and sounds of our natural world.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Hospitality/Customer service providing guests an exceptional experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 3 year experience in a kitchen role.
- Servsafe cerified.
- Remote, off the grid or rural living a huge plus.
- Capable of resolving issues as they arise with passion and creativity.
- Ability to work with lodge general manager, fellow lodge supervisors and crew members to create a culture of positivity and success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, highly motivated.
- Ability to work with all crew members to continuously decrease impact on the enviroment including reducing the lodge's carbon footprint.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing rugged environment.
- Ability to appropriately balance speed and quality of work.
- Knowledge of general backcountry lodge maintenance needs extremely helpful.
- Must be willing and able to learn about the Big South Fork NRRA and be willing to share details with guests.
Please use the on-line application link and/or send a resume to Gregg White at email@example.comView Job Description
How to Apply
To apply, please use the online application form and/or send your resume to the email address below. Thank you!