Live and work off the grid on the beautiful Cumberland Plateau in East Tennessee!
200 year old homestead located on the Cumberland Plateau in East Tennessee
- Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, Tennessee
- unknown / week + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jun 01, 2019)
Charit Creek Lodge is a rustic wilderness lodge located in a valley between two beautiful creeks in the heart of the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area in Tennessee. We offer a scenic getaway for guests to leave behind the routine of everyday life and leisurely experience nature.
Charit Creek Lodge is ONLY accessed by foot, mountain biking or horseback riding. You cannot drive to the lodge. We are completely off-grid, we do not have electricity but have some battery charging ability on-site. There is some Verizon cell service.
Five historic private cabins are available for rental to guests, one being the oldest structure in the National Park system still in use today. Guests unwind by campfires in the evenings and spend their mornings hiking or riding several trails that begin at the lodge.
Mealtime is a very important time at the lodge. It's truly where we shine! The scripted menus are made from scratch using vegetables from our garden whenever possible. We are dedicated to serving a meal that is full of love. The perfect candidate(s) will bring skill, creativity and passion to our kitchen.
We are a small business with a tight-knit team looking for an energetic 'go-getter' who is flexible and engaging. The right person will be a self starter and the ability to work unsupervised. This is NOT a park service position, we operate as a private business within the national park.
We are looking to hire 1 crew member. Applicants with extensive food service experience are given preference.
The candidate(s) hired will live and work (~40/hr/wk) at the lodge with meals provided plus paid compensation. This position begins June 1, 2019 and will end December 31, 2019. Beginning and end dates are somewhat flexible.
Generally, pay starts at $300 per week, but will be commensurate depending on several factors including skill set and experience. We are always looking for crew members who thrive on taking responsibility and helping others achieve our goals.
Responsibilities: Provide engaged, friendly and attentive customer service and information to all guests inclusive of eye contact, respectable conversation and smiling (because working here, it's hard not to smile)!
- Check in guests to cabins, help them feel welcomed by setting a friendly and inclusive tone for our lodge.
- Prepare and clean 5 cabins, bathhouse, dining room and common areas each day for guests.
- Clean horse stalls as needed.
- Meal service includes preparing meals, serving our guests and cleaning up after the meal.
- Manage and maintain a safe and clean kitchen environment and wash dishes efficiently.
- Kitchen prep based on experience.
- Develop a working knowledge of the trails and sights near the lodge.
- Must be flexible and able to multitask –– new challenges arise each day.
- 1 Year Minimum Customer Service/Hospitality/Food Service Required.
- Ability to appropriately balance speed and quality of work.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing rugged environment.
- Ability to be proactive, able to manage projects solo, and enjoy working autonomously.
- 1 Year Minimum Outdoor Experience OR Experience Living in a Remote Location.
How to Apply
Please use our online application to apply!