Love Your Job: Live and Work in a National Park
National Park: Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area
- Oneida, Tennessee
- $300.00 / week + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Feb 26, 2018)
Charit Creek Lodge is a rustic wilderness lodge located in a valley between two beautiful flowing waterways in the heart of the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area in Tennessee. We offer a scenic getaway for guests to leave behind the routine of every day life and leisurely experience nature.
Charit Creek Lodge is ONLY accessed by foot, mountain biking or horseback riding. You cannot drive to the lodge. We are completely off-grid, we do not have electricity but have some battery charging ability on-site. There is some Verizon cellular coverage in one spot in our kitchen.
Five historic private cabins are available for rental to guests, one being the oldest structure in the National Park system still in use today. Guests unwind by bonfires in the evenings and spend their mornings hiking or riding several trails that begin at the lodge.
All food is prepared by two talented chefs and gardeners with a combination of 18 years of experience. The scripted menus are made from scratch with the garden at the forefront, we are dedicated to serving a meal that is full of love.
We are a small business with a tight-knit team looking for an energetic 'go-getter' who is flexible and engaging. This is NOT a park service position, we operate as a private business within the national park.
Smoking of cigarettes/tobacco is not tolerated in the National Park.
The candidate hired will live and work (~40/hr/wk) at the lodge with meals provided plus paid compensation. The season begins February 26, 2018 and lasts until Early September 2018.
- Provide engaged, friendly and attentive customer service and information to all guests inclusive of eye contact, respectable conversation and smiling (because working here, it's hard not to smile)!
- Check in guests to cabins, help them feel welcomed by setting a friendly and inclusive tone for our lodge
- Prepare and clean 5 cabins and bathhouse each day for guests, prep horse stables as needed, filling propane and replenishing kerosene lanterns
- Set table, sweep dining area and serve dinner and breakfast to guests, bus dishes
- Manage and maintain a safe and clean kitchen environment and wash dishes efficiently
- Kitchen prep based on experience
- Stock beverages and merchandise, selling beverages and merchandise to visitors and full-service guests
- Must be flexible and able to multitask –– new challenges arise each day
- 1 Year Minimum Customer Service/Hospitality Required
- Ability to appropriately balance speed and quality of work
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, ever changing rugged environment
- Ability to be Proactive, able to manage projects solo, and enjoys working autonomously
- 1 Year Minimum Outdoor Experience OR Experience Living in a Remote Location
How to Apply
To Apply, e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org