Make a difference in Aspen through Adaptive Sport and Recreation
In the heart of the Rocky Mountains
- Aspen, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (Jun 03, 2019)
WHO WE ARE
Challenge Aspen is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Snowmass Village, CO dedicated to impacting lives by presenting meaningful recreational, educational and cultural experiences to individuals faced with cognitive and/or physical disabilities.
WHAT WE DO
During the summer, Challenge Aspen hosts REC camps and CAMO (Challenge Aspen Military Opportunities) retreats. During these outings, participants partake in the various outdoor recreation activities that the Roaring Fork Valley has to offer. These activities include rafting, fishing, biking, sailing, hiking, climbing, archery, equine therapy, swimming, and music therapy. Each activity is adapted to meet the individual needs of each participant.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Challenge Aspen is hiring four summer interns for the 2019 season. This internship is designed for people who desire to gain knowledge and experience in the adaptive recreation industry.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Summer interns will assist individuals with disabilities in a variety of recreational, educational, and cultural activities. Interns will be involved in all summer programming but will also assist the REC Director and Coordinator on a specific summer camp from start to finish. Summer interns will also have the opportunity to work with our CAMO Program as well as assist with fundraising events and our annual gala.
- Must be 21 years old by the start of internship on June 1st, 2019
- Ability to commit to internship in its entirety from June 1st through August 18th
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but not necessarily required.
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to carry out organizational goals and mission
- Able to manage oneself and others during stressful situations
- Dependable, on time and hard working
- Outgoing personality with a sense of humor
*Challenge Aspen does not have a CTRS on staff to oversee Therapeutic Recreation internships
Internship dates: June 3rd, 2019 through August 16th, 2019 with possible part-time employment through September 30th.
Compensation: $1200/month OR $600/month with housing
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2019