SUMMER 2024: Experience adventure in the desert at the Badlands this summer!
Work, live, & cook creatively in an environment like no other!
- Interior, South Dakota
- $17.00 - $17.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Apr 11, 2024)
The rugged beauty of the Badlands draws visitors from around the world. These striking geologic deposits contain one of the world’s richest fossil beds. Ancient horses and rhinos once roamed here. The park’s 244,000 acres protect an expanse of mixed-grass prairie where bison, bighorn sheep, prairie dogs, and black-footed ferrets live today.
The Badlands Inn is open seasonally from mid-May through mid-October. The inn offers twenty rooms in a two-story building with all rooms fully renovated with all-new hardwood floors, interior and exterior paint, flat-screen televisions, and bedding.The Badlands Inn is ideally located a short mile from the Ben Reifel Visitor Center and Cedar Pass Lodge and Restaurant.
Cedar Pass Lodge was originally built in 1928 to include the dining room, the Historic Cabins, and a counter for curios. Millard Ridge is the high ridge rising above the Cedar Pass area & where the Lodge/park headquarters are located.
The Lead Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food using standard recipes and production guidelines while following food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The individual in this role should safely handle knives and equipment including grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. The Lead Cook may supervise employees and delegate responsibilities. The responsibilities of the position may vary by location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Schedules and assigns daily work activities to staff and supervises the completion of tasks.
- Trains and guides staff on job duties, standard food safety and sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
- Cooks and prepares food following production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely uses all food utensils including knives
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meats, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food following established guidelines
- Properly stores food by following food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service with a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Follows Aramark safety policies and procedures including food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Produces and maintains work schedules and may prepare production records.
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
- Previous supervisor experience in a related role preferred
- Experience as a cook or related role required
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision required
- Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Food safety certification required
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
How to Apply
Click on the "Apply Now" button listed below