Front of House, Summer Seasonal with year round employment opportunities!
Our servers are the key to cultivating a hospitable, welcoming environment at our restaurants. Servers should be knowledgeable about the food and beverages on the menu so they can explain dishes to guests and clarify any concerns about allergies or styles of food preparation. A qualified restaurant server should be friendly, courteous, and fast. Other requirements include good communication skills, teamwork, cleanliness, and ability to stand and walk for extended periods (10+ hours).
We are looking for experienced seasonal and year-round employees.
Mackaben Hospitably Group has been in the tourism and hospitality industry for over 30 years. From a waterfront restaurant, and mountainside Apres bar, to a western-inspired national park treasure, MHG has a little of everything and a lot to offer both season and year-round candidates. Priest Lake, Idaho, Park City, Utah, Southern Utah, and Wyoming there are many options and opportunities for our team members. Despite the rapid growth, MHG is still very much a family-run small business. Our team members are a welcomed part of this small family and are valued for their individualism and skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Welcoming and sitting diners comfortably in the dining section (indoors and out)
· Accurately taking customers' food and drink orders- While answering any product-related questions they may have.
· Collaborating with the kitchen and bar staff for prompt and correct delivery of orders
· Memorizing the menu and recommending appetizers, meals, and drinks from the restaurant
· Delivering a memorable dining experience by resolving all customer issues promptly
· Assisting with the tidying of tables, clearing leftovers, and keeping the dining area neat and pleasant
· Setting tables and rearranging the dining area to accommodate larger groups and prepare the restaurant for special events
· Ensuring cooking utensils and kitchen area are cleaned after closing to comply with state regulations
· Have great customer service and positive attitude to team and guests
· Must present a professional attitude and appearance
· Acknowledge guest opportunities and offer options
· Maintain an open line of communication with Managers and BOH
· Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner
· Regular attendance and on-time to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job
· Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· 2 years of prior experience required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· In-depth knowledge of alcohol and different types of cuisines preferred
· Highly developed interpersonal skills
· Working knowledge of point-of-sale systems
· The ability to work on your feet for most of the day and lift 50 pounds at a time
· All Company employees are eligible to receive 50% off food items during their employment at any of the MHG restaurants. Epic Ski passes for winter employees, and employee housing (Priest Lake, Park City, Hatch).
Mackaben Hospitality is looking to fill a unique year round General Manager Position. This position will have you splitting the year between Park City, Utah and Priest Lake, Idaho operating two seasonal restaurants! The perfect blend of ski life and lake life have come together in one year round opportunity. Year round housing is available, as well as 4- 6 weeks of paid vacation a year during mud seasons, and yearly cash bonuses.
The GM will monitor businesses and oversees the overall operations of the restaurant with the owners and Director of Operations, promptly addresses all operational issues with management and staff. Ensures service goals and standards are defined and enforced daily and monitor the venue environment for cleanliness, health department standards compliance, appropriate lighting, sound and temperature.
Read our bio page to learn more about Mackaben Hospitality.
General Duties include:
- Completing all new hire paperwork/onboarding according to necessary deadlines.
- Identify areas of improvement and provide one-on-one mentoring. Administer and document verbal warnings, write-ups, and performance improvement action plans.
- Estimate food and beverage costs.
- Work with Op Manager for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Maintain dress code and uniform standard.
- Contribute to social outlets.
- Troubleshoot store profitability by monitoring daily and weekly sales and cost control figures.
- Organize the restaurant following proper food rotation and cleanliness procedures.
- Order all food, paper, chemical, and other supplies as needed to run the store.
- Record and organize store invoices.
- Send weekly update reports to the Director of Operations.
- Build a rapport with regular customers to create a positive atmosphere
- Contribute to both FOH and BOH when necessary.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience as a Manager in a high volume Restaurant and must possess excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills. Must also have strong coaching and development skills.
- Ability to build trust with varying styles and personalities
- Detail oriented, organized and efficient
- Learns quickly and has ability to give direction
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work productively with little supervision in a team environment
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Must possess neat and clean hygiene
Questions? Send us an email!
Are you passionate about food? Are you in need of a destination summer? As a Cook on our team at Cavs, you’ll help bring recipes to life while being able to flex your creativity! We believe in having collective kitchen, where everyone and their unique background can thrive, shine, and contribute.
Our kitchen is only 200 feet from the beach, you can't beat a summer living at Priest Lake!
- 2+ years kitchen experience is required
- $50/month on property employee housing available
- One free meal per shift
- 50% off employee discount on your days off
- Stunning lake view- Unlimited.
- Winter jobs available at sister companies!
How to Apply
Send a resume and little message about yourself to: Kimberlee@mackabenhospitality.com