Zip Line Course Manager at Castle Rock Zip Line Tours
Located just 30 minutes south of Denver, CRZLT lies in the heart of beautiful Castle Rock, Colorado. We are a short drive to world class whitewater, rock climbing, mountain biking, and hiking.
- Castle Rock, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 15, 2018)
Castle Rock Zip Line Tours is the premier Colorado adventure experience. Not only one of the highest rated zip line tours in the country, the business has evolved into a comprehensive Adventure Park. The original tour of 10 zip lines, during which guests fly over 320 acres spanning almost 2 miles of cable is still guaranteed to be the highlight of anyone's visit. CRZLT is a 5-year-old company with over 25,000 guests a year.
The duties of a Zip Line Course Manager are as follows-
- Works cooperatively as a member of the CRZLT Management team. Aside from the items listed below, there may be other duties assigned.
- Manage 35+ staff and the daily operations of the Zip Line Course.
- Provide supervision and direction to Zip Line Guides and Ground Support Staff.
- Inspect and manage course maintenance.
- Maintain high standards of operational safety to ensure guests experience the unique natural environment through adventure.
- Annually update the CRZLT Local Operating Procedures handbook and Emergency Action Plan.
- Complete employee and activity schedule to ensure staffing levels are consistent with daily demand and workload.
- Interview, hire, and train employees according to industry standards.
- Provide for the ongoing practice of rescue protocols for guides.
- Conduct thorough weekly and monthly course inspections and ensure that daily inspections are completed and filed prior to opening for operation.
- Review of all necessary paperwork for course operation: pre-use course inspection reports, incident reports, near miss reports, disciplinary action, equipment quarantine and repair, guest and guide gear inspections.
- Responsible for ordering all necessary equipment, gear, and supplies for course operation. This includes replacing equipment, ordering staff gear, maintaining course rescue bags, and implementing new course elements.
- Work with Office Manager relating to Zip Office operations.
- Supervise course while in operation.
- Check inspection sheets and correct any issues. Order safety equipment and gear as needed.
- Communicate with staff on a daily basis to discuss job priorities, work progress, equipment utilization, safety and any other pertinent manners relative to their areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for knowing and understanding Federal, State, and County legal requirements relating to the operation of the zip line business.
- Remain current on knowledge and skills for safe and effective equipment donning and use, proper knot tying and rope use, zip line course and climbing wall operation and rescue, as well as various equipment and system inspections.
- Understand all rescue procedures and the coordination of any rescue effort.
How to Apply
Tell us a little about yourself and your experience in the outdoor adventure industry. Please send info and resume to Adam White, General Manager at: email@example.com