Lodge on Lake Superior Looking for a Lead Housekeeper
Lake Superior, Superior Hiking Trail, BWCA, hiking trails, small town
- Lutsen, Minnesota
- $20.00 - $20.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Feb 01, 2023)
Lead Housekeeper with a fun and positive outlook on life and work. Private room in shared housing and one meal per day included.
Full-time year round, or seasonal position available.
We are looking for a lead housekeeper who is motivated and has a great attention to detail. The goal is to create a clean and orderly environment for our guests, and provide ongoing training and supervision of the housekeeping the team. This position works together with the Innkeeper and the Lodge Manager to ensure that cleanliness standards have been met and that the housekeeping team is supported.
This is a full time position at 36-40 hours per week and this position actively participates in housekeeping duties during the work week.
This position reports directly to the Innkeeper and Lodge Manager.
- Ensures that all areas of the property are properly cleaned and ready for guests' arrival.
- Plans for, makes orders, and keeps accurate inventory of housekeeping supplies together with the Innkeeper.
- Maintains proper inventory of all supplies; cleaning, linen, guest toiletries, etc. Ensures housekeeping supplies are well maintained.
- Resolves minor maintenance issues, such as changing of light bulbs, keeps accurate maintenance logs, promptly reports major maintenance issues to the maintanace technical and Lodge Manager.
- Inspects rooms and all common areas on a daily basis and promptly addresses any and all cleanliness issues that may be present.
- Maintains deep cleaning schedules.
- Prepares accurate and timely housekeeping reports as required.
- Trains, supervises, motivates, and develops housekeeping staff and manages workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of the team; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of storage areas, linen room, chemical closet, laundry room, etc.
- Ensures cleanliness of staff housing, especially when preparing housing for a new hire arrivals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a valid Driver's Licence
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school degree
How to Apply
Fill out an online application.