Great Hourly + Bi-Weekly Revenue-Share + Tips
Superior Hiking Trail, Cascade River State Park, BWCA Wilderness, Lake Superior
- Lutsen, Minnesota
- $18.00 - $20.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Seasonal Position available immediately through end of October. In addition to server tip-out, our Back of the House positions earn a revenue-sharing distribution paid out on every pay period. Position may grow into a winter season/year-round job for the right candidate. Private affordable housing, excellent wi-fi, hiking and ski trails just steps from the property, BWCA in the back yard.
Our restaurant has been around since 1947 and it is a busy, all-American roadhouse. We have a casual kitchen serving upwards of 500-600 guests per day. This position works primarily PM shifts. Typical in time is either 12pm or 2pm, and we close the kitchen at 8pm. Please review our menu at www.cascadelodgemn.com, to get a sense of food style we serve.
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also, perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Helps in the dish-pit when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager on duty.
How to Apply
Apply by filling out online application.