This Summer, historic stays — and careers — returned to Canoe Place.
This waterfront community is full of charm!
- Hamptons Bays, New York
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
CANOE PLACE INN & COTTAGES:
New York’s iconic “first stop out East,” Canoe Place in Hampton Bays is a beautifully restored boutique hotel opening this summer. The refreshed destination is home to an inn and cottages, restaurants and bars, a full-service spa, and inspiring historic event spaces with countless job opportunities.
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is part of the Main Street Hospitality collection of boutique hotels and restaurants. Built on three generations of hospitality leadership, we are deeply committed to genuine experiences for our guests and business partners. Our hotels are destinations, each with their own voice.
For more information please visit: Hotel Management Company New England | Hospitality Management MA
PASTRY SOUS CHEF:
We are looking for a creative pastry chef to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal menus, and developing new recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the executive and sous chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure a beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
- Post-secondary training at a culinary institution.
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field.
- 2 or more years experience working within the food industry as a Pastry Chef, Baker, or relevant role.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
- Warm and engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills, especially verbal, with management, co-workers, guests, and other parties
- Very self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees, and demanding guests
- Extremely self-sufficient with good analytical, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Good discretion and independent judgment in evaluating data and determining courses of action
- Ability to interpret, and implement management policies or operating practices
- Good self-discipline with an ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers, and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages offers a thoughtful package of benefits for eligible employees:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, and vision, in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Optional insurance plans include Short and Long-term disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- You work hard and deserve time to unwind and relax. That’s why we offer paid time off including vacation days, personal days, and holidays
- Hotel discounts throughout Main Street Hospitality’s hotel portfolio
- Career development, child reimbursement, and more!
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V