This Summer, historic stays — and careers — return to Canoe Place.
Charming Waterfront Community!
- Hamptons Bays, New York
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2022)
CANOE PLACE INN & COTTAGES:
New York’s iconic “first stop out East,” Canoe Place in Hampton Bays is a beautifully restored boutique hotel opening this summer. The refreshed destination is home to an inn and cottages, restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and inspiring historic event spaces with countless job opportunities.
We are looking for a competent Restaurant Server to take and deliver orders. You’ll be the face of our restaurant and responsible for our customers’ experiences.
Food server responsibilities include ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive, presenting menus and serving food and beverages. You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us maintain and attract customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Attend to customers upon entrance
- Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Take and serve orders
- Answer questions or make recommendations for complementary products
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Proven restaurant serving or waitering experience
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Hands-on experience in cashier duties
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- Responsible and trustworthy
- High school diploma is a plus but not required
- Warm and engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills, especially verbal, with management, co-workers, guests, and other parties
- Very self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees, and demanding guests
- Extremely self-sufficient with good analytical, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Good discretion and independent judgement in evaluating data and determining courses of action
- Ability to interpret, and implement management policies or operating practices
- Good self-discipline with an ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers, and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages offers a thoughtful package of benefits for eligible employees:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental and vision, in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Optional insurance plans include Short and Long-term disability, Accident and Critical Illness
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- You work hard and deserve time to unwind and relax. That’s why we offer paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Hotel discounts throughout Main Street Hospitality’s hotel portfolio
- Career development, child reimbursement and more!
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V
How to Apply
Click Apply Now to complete our online application!