This Summer, historic stays — and careers — return to Canoe Place.
This waterfront community is full of charm!
- Hamptons Bays, New York
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2022)
CANOE PLACE INN & COTTAGES:
New York’s iconic “first stop out East,” Canoe Place in Hampton Bays is a beautifully restored boutique hotel opening this summer. The refreshed destination is home to an inn and cottages, restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and inspiring historic event spaces with countless job opportunities.
RESTAURANT SERVER ASSISTANT:
We are looking for a Busser to support our wait staff and set up our dining areas.
Busser responsibilities include serving plates, glasses and silverware, refilling beverages and cleaning tables. If you enjoy a fast-paced way of working and want to kickstart your career in the hospitality industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure our daily operations run smoothly and our guests have a pleasant dining experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare dining areas before guests are seated
- Decorate tables with candles, napkins, linens and flowers
- Place tableware and condiments on tables
- Serve water and welcome snacks, like breadsticks
- Refill beverages and take orders
- Remove dirty utensils and replenish, as needed
- Provide special silverware sets to families with young children
- Clean and reset tables after guests leave
- Maintain health and safety regulations at all kitchen and dining areas
- Work experience as a Busser is a plus, but not required
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
- Ability to multitask and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
- Warm and engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills, especially verbal, with management, co-workers, guests, and other parties
- Very self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees, and demanding guests
- Extremely self-sufficient with good analytical, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Good discretion and independent judgement in evaluating data and determining courses of action
- Ability to interpret, and implement management policies or operating practices
- Good self-discipline with an ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers, and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages offers a thoughtful package of benefits for eligible employees:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental and vision, in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Optional insurance plans include Short and Long-term disability, Accident and Critical Illness
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- You work hard and deserve time to unwind and relax. That’s why we offer paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Hotel discounts throughout Main Street Hospitality’s hotel portfolio
- Career development, child reimbursement and more!
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V