This Summer, historic stays — and careers — return to Canoe Place.
This waterfront community is full of charm!
- Hamptons Bays, New York
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2022)
CANOE PLACE INN & COTTAGES:
New York’s iconic “first stop out East,” Canoe Place in Hampton Bays is a beautifully restored boutique hotel opening this summer. The refreshed destination is home to an inn and cottages, restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and inspiring historic event spaces with countless job opportunities.
We are looking for a Barback to support our Bartenders and the rest of our staff. You’ll assist with bar opening and closing procedures and perform various behind-the-bar tasks, such as restocking the bar and preparing garnishes.
If you’re interested in kickstarting your career in the hospitality industry, this is a great opportunity to get first-hand experience of how a bar operates.
Ultimately, you’ll help ensure that our guests get an excellent customer service and enjoy their time at our bar.
Note that, to be considered for this role, you should be legally authorized to work in a bar where alcoholic beverages are served and consumed. You should also be available to work in shifts, including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tidy up tables, counters and other bar areas
- Collect empty glasses and bottles
- Restock the bar with straws, coasters and napkins
- Prepare mixers, juices and cocktail garnishes
- Replenish peanuts and fruits
- Change out beer kegs and replace liquor bottles
- Remove trash and wipe down drink spills
- Refill ice bins
- Clean rags throughout the shift
- Assist the Bartenders during rush hours
- Interest in the hospitality industry; previous entry-level experience in a bar or restaurant is not mandatory, but will be considered a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of bar menu items and recipes (different types of beers and mixed drinks)
- Physical ability to lift beer kegs, hold trays of bottles and glassware and stand during the shift
- Flexibility to work during evenings, weekends and public holidays
- High school diploma; additional certification in mixology or hospitality is a plus
- Warm and engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills, especially verbal, with management, co-workers, guests, and other parties
- Very self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees, and demanding guests
- Extremely self-sufficient with good analytical, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Good discretion and independent judgement in evaluating data and determining courses of action
- Ability to interpret, and implement management policies or operating practices
- Good self-discipline with an ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers, and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages offers a thoughtful package of benefits for eligible employees:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental and vision, in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Optional insurance plans include Short and Long-term disability, Accident and Critical Illness
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- You work hard and deserve time to unwind and relax. That’s why we offer paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Hotel discounts throughout Main Street Hospitality’s hotel portfolio
- Career development, child reimbursement and more!
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V