This Summer, historic stays — and careers — return to Canoe Place.
Charming Waterfront Community!
- Hamptons Bays, New York
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2022)
CANOE PLACE INN & COTTAGES:
New York’s iconic “first stop out East,” Canoe Place in Hampton Bays is a beautifully restored boutique hotel opening this summer. The refreshed destination is home to an inn and cottages, restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and inspiring historic event spaces with countless job opportunities.
RESTAURANT AND BEVERAGE MANAGER:
The Restaurant and Beverage Manager holds a unique position as both a front-of-the-house manager as well as an administrative manager of the entire wine & beverage program. They are responsible for ensuring an exceptional dining experience, impeccable sanitation and the health and safety of all our employees and guests. Their work is dynamic and daily activities are broad and varied. They assist the Restaurant General Manager to supervise the Bartenders, Sommeliers, as a primary focus, and all service personnel. They also acts as a liaison between the front and the back of the house to create a tightly knit team of leaders so that professionalism, cooperation, and enthusiasm can flourish. They are responsible for managing the wine & beverage program in accordance with the approved budget, wine & beverage purchasing, inventories, and proper storage, FOH staff wine & beverage education, and advise guests on wine selections according to the menu, and personal preferences while working on the floor during service. They will set and achieve guest experience quality and cost goals and act as the face of the restaurant when in the front of the house.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps manage the day-to-day activities of the restaurant. As such they have full responsibility for the physical premises, all assets, and the entire guest experience
- Responsible for overseeing the entire wine & beverage service activities ensuring an exceptional dining experience and a consistent sequence of service and service techniques
- Helps recruit, interview, select, on-board, train, schedule, supervise, motivate, and lead the entire front of house staff, with a focus on the bar & wine team (if any)
- Assists in processing and managing all HR related issues including discipline and annual activity cycles for the department in the absence of the General Manager.
- Executes the wine & beverage program in coordination with the General Manager
- Helps maintain a motivational upselling program for food and beverages, and helps analyze menu item popularity and pricing, suggesting modifications to optimize revenue and profits
- Has a complete understanding of all food and beverage items offered in the restaurant including ingredients, methods of preparation, and proper service for each item
- Has a good understanding of classical culinary terms and a complete knowledge of all wines and other beverages available in the restaurant, including pronunciation, taste, and geographic origin
- Helps implement, service and manage special events, holiday events and private dining events
- Is highly fluent in the point-of-sale system and can program and trouble-shoot all its functions and analyze data and related CRM activities
- Coordinates with the service and stewarding teams to ensure that all china, glassware, flatware, and linens are properly cleaned and always stocked, and that the entire restaurant is always immaculate
- Oversees the processing of all in-house linens and employee uniforms in the absence of the General Manager
- Takes a supporting role in the preparation of the annual operating budget and in monthly financial analysis meetings, taking action to optimize operating results for the overall beverage program performance
- Helps ensure that all appropriate individuals are trained in the Heimlich Maneuver, First Aid, CPR, AED and has a full working knowledge of all fire and life safety systems in the restaurant
- Helps oversee the receiving, storage and stocking of all service-related goods, operating equipment, and operating supplies, as well as participating in periodic inventories and the re-ordering of these items
- Must be willing and able to perform any related or similar tasks assigned by their supervisor
- Four-year college degree preferred
- ServeSafe manager certification from the National Restaurant Association
- Certificate of Sanitation from the American Sanitation Institute
- At least five years of increasing responsibility in restaurant management
- At Least three years of mixed experience as a bartender & a sommelier
- Two to three years of supervisory experience over at least 30 employees
- Leadership in an executive role; opening and/or change management experience desirable
- Two to three years of experience overseeing a sophisticated wine and beverage program
- Diverse experience in food preparation and related roles highly desirable
- An in-depth knowledge of the various processes for restaurant management; food & beverage sourcing, procurement, preparation and handling; and food and labor cost control
- Experience in Sales & Marketing, Accounting and/or Human Resources desirable
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Warm and engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills, especially verbal, with management, co-workers, guests, and other parties
- Very self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees, and demanding guests
- Extremely self-sufficient with good analytical, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Good discretion and independent judgement in evaluating data and determining courses of action
- Ability to interpret, and implement management policies or operating practices
- Good self-discipline with an ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers, and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner
- A well-developed sense of taste and smell and a passion for food and cuisine
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages offers a thoughtful package of benefits for eligible employees:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental and vision, in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Optional insurance plans include Short and Long-term disability, Accident and Critical Illness
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- You work hard and deserve time to unwind and relax. That’s why we offer paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Hotel discounts throughout Main Street Hospitality’s hotel portfolio
- Career development, child reimbursement and more!
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V