This Summer, historic stays — and careers — return to Canoe Place.
This waterfront community is full of charm!
- Hamptons Bays, New York
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2022)
CANOE PLACE INN & COTTAGES:
New York’s iconic “first stop out East,” Canoe Place in Hampton Bays is a beautifully restored boutique hotel opening this summer. The refreshed destination is home to an inn and cottages, restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and inspiring historic event spaces with countless job opportunities.
CHEF de CUISINE:
The Chef de Cuisine (CDC) is responsible for the development and execution of all culinary offerings and oversees the overall running of the restaurant’s kitchen and team. This role's mission is to ensure consistency in the execution of brand's culinary standard, while being an extraordinary leader. They will work to assist in building a team and culture through effectively hiring, training and mentorship, all while continually analyzing the stated standards for the purpose of elevating and developing new ones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the restaurant’s culinary team by providing direction and guidance, ensuring quality standards are achieved.
- Work to ensure continuous development in quality of guest experience, service, operational efficiency, employee retention and satisfaction. Ensure effective leadership and communication throughout the property.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards of the property.
- Develop the restaurant’s à la carte menus, banquet menu packages, including daily and seasonal highlights.
- Properly document all recipes and techniques in accordance to stated standards.
- Be prepared to expedite service efficiently and effectively maintaining the proper pace and food quality. Work closely with dining room Expeditor (if any) and team to ensure and elevated guest experience.
- Works with the purchasing and receiving team daily. Take appropriate action to rectify any issues to assure the restaurant, and event spaces have appropriate ingredients and supplies.
- Conduct accurate accounting of invoices.
- Understand and implement all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Supervise the kitchen team, ensuring that direction and guidance is provided, and quality standards are achieved.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, cost of food, service, quality, appearance of facilities, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and establishing a positive, productive working environment.
- Ensure that all equipment and the overall environment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the properties preventative maintenance programs.
- Scheduled labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed and as labor cost objectives are met. Modify staffing configurations based upon increases or decreases in sales volumes.
- Minimum three to five (3 – 5) years’ experience working in a fine dining restaurant or, establishment of similar caliber.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Sous Chef or Chef preferred
- High School Diploma, or equivalent level of education, required (Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure)
- Associates Degree or equivalent Certification in Culinary Arts
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e., online, or digital reservation systems).
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Must have excellent leadership, organizational, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a demanding, high-volume environment under limited supervision.
- Impeccable service standards, attention to detail, and time management.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and English.
- The ability to speak a secondary language is convenient but not required.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Warm and engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills, especially verbal, with management, co-workers, guests, and other parties
- Very self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees, and demanding guests
- Extremely self-sufficient with good analytical, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Good discretion and independent judgement in evaluating data and determining courses of action
- Ability to interpret, and implement management policies or operating practices
- Good self-discipline with an ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers, and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner
- A well-developed sense of taste and smell and a passion for food and cuisine
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages offers a thoughtful package of benefits for eligible employees:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental and vision, in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Optional insurance plans include Short and Long-term disability, Accident and Critical Illness
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- You work hard and deserve time to unwind and relax. That’s why we offer paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Hotel discounts throughout Main Street Hospitality’s hotel portfolio
- Career development, child reimbursement and more!
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V