Confidence, Competence & Community!
Camp Wicosuta's philosophy is based on providing the "3 C's": Confidence, Competence & Community.
On Newfound Lake in Hebron, New Hampshire. Surrounded by the White Mountains. 45 minutes from Hanover about 2 hours from Boston.
About CAMP WICOSUTA
A traditional four-week sleepaway camp for girls in New Hampshire that offers two sessions.
Our goal is for every camper to walk away feeling confident in herself, and competent in her abilities in any number of areas. We teach these skills in a physically and emotionally safe community in which our campers are challenged to move past their self-set limits.
Our counselors are the main reason campers return to Wicosuta each summer and their energy, enthusiasm, support, and teamwork creates an atmosphere in which our campers learn, grow, and achieve.
June 5 - August 17
Head Counselors and Activity Heads
June 11 - August 17
Pool, Waterfront, Horseback, Extreme Staff (ropes course, hiking, overnights) for additional training
June 16 - August 17
Athletic, Dance & Fitness, Arts & Crafts, General Counselors, Theater, Cooking, Gymnastics &Tennis
The Employee Experience
Check out our staff video! https://www.campwicosuta.com/staff/
Our staff are:
1. self-motivated. 2. love working with children. 3. adaptable 4. team players 5. love to have fun.
Though each counselor is hired for his or her experience working with children and expertise in a specialty area, all Wicosuta counselors are part of one team that works and lives together.
Being a part of Wicosuta means being a part of something different-something bigger! Spend your summer impacting others for the better.
Room and Board
All staff members are provided with free room and board while working at Wico (so no paying rent).
Most of our staff live in a cabin with kids. We do have some non-bunk staff including our leadership & male staff.
- We will feed you three meals a day (with lots of variety and snacks).
- Getting dressed is easy-we provide you with 8+ Staff shirts, and your laundry is done for you (washed, dried, folded) once a week.
Wicosuta offers a variety of opportunities for staff to enjoy themselves on their down time!
- Opportunities for transportation to and from town
- Staff lounge with wifi, television, games, lockers computers and phones
- Hot food and drinks available at night in the staff lounge
- Staff recreation like zumba, tennis lessons, baking and fitness classes
- Being surrounded by 90 acres of wilderness to explore
- You will work alongside people from all over the world who will become lifelong friends. That means you will have a reason to visit (and free places to stay) different parts of the world when summer is over!
"I never thought I'd have as much fun as I did at camp. I was expecting a job and I found so much more. My campers mean so much to me and I'll never forget all the friends I made. Thank you so much for the opportunity to work at Wico!" -Female Arts & Crafts Counselor
Getting Here and Getting Around
We provide transportation to and from camp from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) and Manchester Regional Airport (MHT).
Explore cities, college towns or the outdoors on your time off! Some of the nearby, popular day off destinations include:
- Boston, MA
- Plymouth, NH
- Hanover, NH
- Burlington, VT
How to Apply
Please click APPLY HERE and complete our staff application.