Live & Work on Newfound Lake (in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire)!
Lakes Region of New Hampshire in the summer!
- Hebron, New Hampshire
- $5,000.00 - $8,000.00 / season
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
We are looking for someone to be part of the Camp Wicosuta community and run our Waterfront Program. Our Waterfront director spends most of their day managing and running our waterfront program on Newfound Lake. This person is responsible for running a safe and fun waterfront as well as- supervising staff, managing skill building, area maintenance and staff scheduling.
Our waterfront program consists of instruction in waterskiing, wakeboarding, knee boarding, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, sailing and paddle boarding. You will be managing a staff of 15-20 college aged students from all across the world!
Some qualifications and responsibilities:
- Training and experience in waterfront activities and management
- Current lifeguarding certification
- Set up lake and waterfront area during staff training
- Oversee safety and maintenance of waterfront and all facilities
- Excellent knowledge of waterfront activities and ability to lead and instruct
- Train counselor staff both during orientation and ongoing training throughout the summer
- Supervise instruction during activity periods
- Organize and create schedules for instructors and groups
- Monitor and keep track of camper progress and skill development
- Supervise staff including formal performance reviews of activity staff throughout the summer
As a member of our leadership team, you are an integral part of our community and have responsibilities outside your activity area. You are a role model and will be called upon to assist and help in various aspects of camp. Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting up and Leading Evening Activities and Special Events
- Assisting with baggage delivery
- Supporting cabin staff with packing and unpacking of camper bags
- Lead off camp trips-supervising counselors and campers when needed
- Evening On Duty rotation
- Present and participating at all camp meals and all camp events
You would be with us from June 2-August 13. Opportunity to stay through August 22 or August 29. This includes our camp season as well as a Leadership Training/Orientation and a Staff Orientation/Training (we provide red cross lifeguard certification for all our waterfront staff).
Salary ranges from $5,000-$8,000 depending on experience. Salary includes room and board (private or semi-private housing). Wifi on site, laundry done weekly. Fitness center on property. Access to private beachfront on Newfound Lake on days off, help with transportation on days off and much more!