PAID Summer Internships & Job Opportunities (Competitive salary, travel stipend, bed&board provided)
Camp Watitoh is located in the Berkshire Mountains in Becket, MA.
- Becket, Massachusetts
- $2,200.00 - $3,500.00 / season
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Jun 11, 2024)
Camp Watitoh, a coed overnight camp in Becket, MA, is currently hiring nature and science camp counselors to work as our specialist this summer. Depending on stage of life, this staff member would either be a cabin counselor or live in adult staff housing.
The Nature and Science Director oversees the program. He or she is responsible for lesson plans that reflect these topics and there is a lot of room for creativity and new ideas. Last year, some of the projects were: solar cars and ovens, gardening, studying kinetic energy, separating iron from cheerios, and an egg drop contest. The applicant needs to be of college age or older and have experience in the field of nature and science. Past experience working with children is a bonus. He or she must want to live and work in a children's community. Our priority at Watitoh is making sure we are overseeing the health and wellness of our campers.
About the Role:
The Nature Director plays a pivotal role in overseeing the Nature program at Camp Watitoh. Reporting to the Program Director, this position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to promotion of nature, science and outdoor education.The Nature Director is an integral part of creating an exciting, dynamic, and appealing program for today's youth while ensuring it remains fun and safe.
- Contribute to weekly planning sessions.
- Collaborate with the Program Director in training area staff and running the program.
- Supervise and coordinate program operations, ensuring a safe, efficient, and enjoyable experience.
- Maintain & promote a positive learning environment.
- Ensure timely and well-prepared program presentations.
- Develop a program that imparts knowledge that is enjoyable and safe.
- Emphasize the importance of experienced supervision and proper safety equipment to participants.
- Keep the program area clean, efficient, and engaging.
- Regularly inspect program materials and communicate supply needs to the Camp Director.
End of Season Responsibilities:
- Inventory and store equipment properly.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for program improvements in the upcoming year.
Join us in fostering a love for nature and outdoor education while contributing to a vibrant and enriching camp experience!