Paid Summer internships and Leadership Positions at Premier Sleepaway
We are an ACA accredited coed camp in northeastern Pennsylvania, 3 hours from NYC and Philadelphia. Summer 2022 marks our 100th year! We welcome campers and staff from over 25 US states and 15 countries.
We are nestled on over 400 acres of rolling countryside in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern PA.
About Camp Towanda
Camp Towanda is the premier family-owned and operated, a co-ed 7-week sleep-away camp in Northeast Pennsylvania for children ages 7-17. We are nestled on over 400 acres of beautiful fields, facilities, waterfront and countryside. At Camp Towanda, we provide a well-rounded experience for our campers and staff in a nurturing, safe environment with endless opportunities for them to try new things and feel great about themselves! Our program offers excellent and professional instruction in all land and water sports, fine arts, drama and adventure, as well as very creative evening activities and special events.
We attract down-to-earth, friendly and spirited campers, families and staff. We hire 300 counselors and support staff from over 20 countries and all across the USA. When you work at Camp Towanda, you make a real difference in camper’s lives, while building your resume and career-building skills (leadership, work ethic, public speaking, management, responsibility) with the support of our top-notch senior staff and Directors. The job of a counselor is multi-faceted; your spirit, creativity and leadership is paramount. When at camp, it is a 24-hour job. Flexibility, responsibility and stamina are key attributes for our staff to possess. Working with kids is a challenging job but one of the most rewarding job experiences you will ever have.
All meals, room and board are included with scheduled time off. We are located near a popular summer destination in the Pocono Mountains and less than 2 ½ hours away from New York City and Philadelphia.
For 100 years, Camp Towanda has continued to define what summer camp is all about. We are highly regarded and respected as an industry leader and are involved in giving back to various organizations throughout the year. Camp Towanda is accredited by the American Camp Association.
When you work at Camp Towanda, it’s so much more than a summer job- it’s a family, network and community that will change your life forever. Thank you for considering Camp Towanda for your best summer job experience yet! Begin your application today!
Competitive salary, room and board, all meals included, travel reimbursement
Paid Internships Available
The Employee Experience
Working at Towanda is about living together with people from all over the United States, and 15 or more countries - it's a cultural experience met with friendships that will last a lifetime! We work and play in a beautiful environment where you can find out what you are capable of in a nurturing community, leading children and developing their life skills. Our jobs give staff independence and a sense of accomplishment and an opportunity to develop leadership skills.
A summer at camp gives you an opportunity to take time to enjoy all the activities your campers participate in, appreciate the natural surroundings, add the great things you learned and accomplished to your CV/Resume, and make a few dollars while learning and growing in steps you never imagined!
- We prefer a minimum of two years of University by the start of camp, but we will consider those with less.
- Applicants should have experience in a program area to assist or lead.
- Previous experiences working with children is essential.
- We look for staff to be positive role models with the ability to set great examples for their campers in a fun-loving setting.
Room and Board
All counselor and instructor staff live with children in cabins. The cabins all have electricity, showers, and toilets within the building. Most cabins average 10 campers and 4 staff. Senior staff has private rooms in staff housing.
Foodservice is family-style with well-stocked salad bars offering fresh fruits and vegetables at each meal.
In addition to providing an experience of a lifetime, making friends from all over the world, and mentoring children, Camp Towanda provides:
- Great Support System - it's like family!
- Transportation to our nearby town, Honesdale, on time off
- Competitive Salary
- Travel Allowance
- Room & Board, Meals
- Filming location of Wet Hot American Summer!
- College Internship or Credit
- Weekly days off....and 4 nights off most weeks
- Staff Lounge with Internet
- Staff Recreation
Getting Here and Getting Around
Staff with cars are welcome to bring them to camp.
Airport pick-ups at Newark, NJ (EWR) and Scranton, PA (AVP) are scheduled based on staff orientation dates.
Camp provides transportation to town on nights off.
Enterprise Rent a car offers an excellent rate for those staff interested in renting a car...minimum age 21.
Time off is spent by our staff in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of PA, Catskill Mountains of NY!
- Great climbing, hiking, biking adventures throughout the region.
- The Delaware River offers phenomenal canoe, kayak and rafting activities.
- The Shawangunks Mountains (Gunks) are an hour away for the best climbing in the entire east coast.
- New York City and Philadelphia are under 3 hours from camp.
- Bethel Woods, the site of the 1969 Woodstock Festival is 30 minutes away and is a great venue for top-shelf concerts all summer.
- Hershey Park, Dorney Park and the Harley Davidson Museum are a few other exciting places to visit.