Make A Difference in the Lives of Campers with Disabilities as a Fall Camp Counselor
Beautiful 460 acre campground on an old Texas ranch.
- Paradise, Texas
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Sep 14, 2022)
Camp Summit offers you the experience of a lifetime. Not only will you be working hands-on with individuals with all types of disabilities, but you will also be making an incredible difference in someone's life.
- Expect to place the campers' needs before your own. This includes campers who rely on others to help in the activities of daily living, such as feeding, dressing, showering, and toileting.
- Expect to work as a team.
- Expect some campers to have challenging behaviors.
- Expect to be patient.
- Expect to bring enthusiasm, a sense of humor, responsibility, and compassion.
- Expect to attend a weeklong training.
- Expect to gain a lot of experience.
- Expect to live in a cabin with campers during their stay at camp.
- Expect to be flexible!
Camp Counselor Responsibilities
- Immediate care and welfare of the campers. SAFETY is most important and includes monitoring the physical, social, and recreational needs of the campers.
- Assisting campers in the daily camp routine, so they have a fun and enjoyable time while experiencing many new adventures.
- Assisting campers in personal care. This includes (but is not limited to) bathing, toileting, changing diapers/depends, feeding, dressing, and any other activities of daily living.
- Knowing and developing a relationship with each camper in your unit. Camp is a time of building relationships by living, working, and playing together.
- Carrying out duties assigned by full-time Staff and immediate supervisor(s).
- Working with other counselors and staff cooperatively.
Camp Counselor Benefits
- Weekly pay rate of $525
- Communal housing
- Paid days off
- Staff only SWAG
- WIFI Access
- Laundry facilities
- Completion BONUS
- Experience of a lifetime!
Camp Counselor Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Backgrounds we look for: Counselor, special education, teacher, personal care etc.
- THREE professional references
During weeklong camp sessions, campers are offered a wide variety of traditional camp activities in our barrier-free environment including swimming, archery, ropes course, arts & crafts, sports & games, and more!