Summer Camp & Farm, free food/housing, paid trainings, grants for LGBTQ+/BIPOC/low-income staff
Garden commune vibes in a mountain town an hour from the beach and a half hour to the desert.
- Julian, California
- $350.00 - $400.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Jun 09, 2023)
Summer Staff at Camp Stevens lead youth on unforgettable adventures through our 256 acres of oak and pine woodland, gardens, trails, buildings, and more. When not working directly with youth, camp staff support operations like trail patrol, kitchen help, garden, and light maintenance. There's a lot more information about who we are and what we do on our website but here are some important things to note:
- Camp Stevens provides full food and lodging benefit: Meals in the dining hall and full access to camp pantry, fridge, coffee, tea, paper goods, housewares, etc. Our food is local, garden-grown, and mostly organic... also it's delicious.
- Applicants belonging to underrepresented/marginalized groups can apply for an additional $1000 per summer of grant funding.
- Paid trainings are provided including First Aid/CPR, Lifeguarding, Archery, Belaying, Youth Development, Conflict Resolution, Restorative Justice, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion, Program Development, etc.
- Unlike most camp jobs, summer staff each have their own room to call home for the summer, relax and sleep in except when on overnight adventures with their campers (5-6 times a summer). The minimum commitment is June 9 - August 13th. There are options to extend into fall or all the way through the following summer.
- Our summer staff have a great deal of trust and autonomy built into their jobs: you're not a babysitter doing prepackaged crafts... you're the leader of a team whose mission is to create an unforgettable week of outdoor adventure for the youth in your care.
- We are affiliated with the Episcopal Church - don't let that stop you! There is no faith requirement to work at Camp Stevens and the Episcopal Church is rad (google it!). You are welcome here as your whole self.
- 18+ Required, 21+ Preferred
How to Apply
Apply now via the link below. We'll contact you to set up an interview as soon as we receive your application. We typically do a phone or zoom interview and then let you know as soon as possible if we are going to offer a position.
We are super open to questions and concerns: just reach out we're happy to answer whatever is on your mind.