Spend your summer by the water in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Sunsets, forest, and wildlife (including whales!)
- Vashon, Washington
- $365.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 18, 2023)
Come spend your summer at Camp Sealth, located on beautiful Vashon Island! Our 400-acre camp boasts 1.5 miles of waterfront, incredible forests, and some of the best sunsets you'll ever see. Make a difference in campers lives during the week, and explore Seattle and the surrounding area on your days off! If you're looking to work hard, have fun, meet some incredible campers, and leave with new friendships and skills, then this job is for you!
General counselors supervise and guide a cabin group of 6-10 campers throughout their week at camp. On the first day of camp, you'll plan the week with your kids and help the group bond and get to know each other. As the week goes on, you'll make sure your campers are getting enough sleep and making it to activities on time, but you'll also be helping them gain confidence, work through challenges, make new friends, and discover new passions. You'll be a friend, mentor, coach, cheerleader, role model and more. Specialists lead many activities for your group, but you will also get the chance to lead activities your kids really want to do, like ice cream making, hikes, and more. If you're looking for a fun, challenging, rewarding and inspiring summer job, this is a great fit for you!
Check out our website for more info.
Dates: June 18th - August 30th
Benefits: Competitive salary (varies by position - see website), housing, meals in our dining hall + leftovers when available, 2 weeks of paid training, Healthier You: telehealth access, camp t-shirt, on-site laundry room, and organized activities most weekends.
Time off: 2-hour break every day, one "on call" night per week (off from about 9 PM until curfew, must stay on site), plus at least 24 hours off each weekend with the whole staff (usually more!)
What Makes Us Unique
We’re proud to be part of Camp Fire, a national youth agency with a strong focus on inclusion, leadership, and valuing youth’s voices. Camp Sealth selects summer staff who share the same values and who have a genuine desire to make a positive impact on kids.
- Inclusive: Camp Sealth welcomes campers and staff from a variety of backgrounds and abilities, and values the uniqueness of each individual. Our inclusion staff work to make sure campers with special needs are fully integrated into cabins throughout camp,
- Leadership: We encourage all youth to be leaders, giving every camper the chance to become more confident and independent among their peers.
- Camper Choice: Kids have a voice and get to make decisions for themselves at camp; they help plan the schedule and make decisions with their group.
- Outdoors: We encourage kids to explore and learn about the outdoors, to gain outdoor skills and to value the natural world.
- Clear Communication: Camp Sealth holds its staff to a high standard, and part of that means agreeing to maintain an environment free from gossip, drama, and negative talk. Staff are trained to use techniques for clean communication and are strongly encouraged to seek out positive and constructive solutions to resolve a conflict.
How to Apply
Click the link below to go to our summer jobs page. There you'll find tons more info about what it's like to work here, and the "How to Apply" link will direct you to our online application.