Make a real difference in kids' lives through outdoor education
Merrowvista is nestled in Ossipee Mountains near Dan Hole Pond.
- Center Tuftonboro, New Hampshire
- $600.00 / week
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Philosophy of the Facilitator Program
Facilitators will work directly with youth and facilitate experiential education programs for participants of different ages, abilities, genders, races, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Facilitators will have an immersive living experience by sharing a home and workplace with their fellow facilitators.
As part of the American Youth Foundation, Merrowvista is committed to the professional advancement of our facilitators. This program is meant to provide rich learning experiences as an effective educator in our dynamic and intentional outdoor programming. We seek to inspire our facilitators to discover and develop their personal best and create an environment where they can explore their own gifts and learn skills as competent leaders in their careers.
March 20 to June 10, 2023 (summer employment opportunities are available)
We are looking for caring, energetic, experienced people invested in working with youth and committed to fostering growth in themselves and others. Our team is the strongest comprised of passionate, creative, and adventurous people. Applicants do not need to have previous experience as on-site job training is provided.
- Be 21 and have one year of higher education or equivalent experience
- Be able to lead a two-mile hike in the mountains and lift over 25 pounds
- Be first aid and CPR-certified
- Ideally, have a driver’s license and clean driving record
- When facilitating a program: leading experiential, environmental, and recreational group activities, leading discussions, managing safety, and learning on ropes courses
- When supporting a program: supporting program objectives by preparing program spaces for use, hanging climbing ropes, delivering materials to facilitators, leading, or supporting program activities
- Non-program responsibilities: program area preparation and closure, possible independent and collaborative projects to advance AYF, staff development workshops, off-site development opportunities, regional conferences
- When coordinating a program: pre-program communications, creating schedules, prep lists, and briefings, managing fellow staff, and leading post-program debriefs
Recognizing the full value of all, the American Youth Foundation affords equal opportunity for employment and program participation to all individuals on the basis of merit and/or eligibility without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for this position.