Love horses? Love working with kids? Camp Lake Hubert wants YOU!
All the essentials: woods, lakes, and friends of all kinds.
- $300.00 - $450.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 18, 2023)
Camp Lake Hubert for Girls is a traditional, residential summer camp dating all the way back to 1909 alongside its brother camp, Camp Lincoln for Boys. With 100+ summers in operation, we are best known for impacting generations of counselors & campers who join us for the summer.
Our pastures sit on roughly 30 acres of land, and include both open areas as well as wooded. This summer we are anticipating a herd between 20-25 head at each camp, including both mares and geldings. Our focus is Western riding.
Why do people love this job and why should you join us?
- The people you will meet here - people from nearly every continent will be with us in 2023!
- The natural beauty of the environment - we're in the heart of Minnesota's lake country!
- The lives that you will be able to impact - share your expertise with eager learners in a fun & professional atmosphere!
The position of Barn Manager is an excellent opportunity for growth in horsemanship, working with children, and development of professional skills such as team coordination and communication. Coordinate care of the horses with the Riding Director, support young women as they grow as equestrians, and spend gorgeous summer days outside caring for a beloved herd of horses. Daily responsibilities include feeding & watering the herd, applying fly spray when needed, administering medications, mucking stalls, fixing fences, and mentoring learners (staff & campers) in basic horsemanship.
Barn Managers are a part of the camp community and are asked to reside on-site, with campers, and participate in cabin duties. All camp staff may be asked to contribute to projects outside of their immediate job description as needed.
Camp- and program-specific training is provided. We will teach you all you need to know about our culture, how we run our barn, the camper activity structure, and skill expectations.
Our ideal candidate will be . . .
- able to join us from 5/18 or 5/25/2023 - 8/21/2023.
- confident with farm equipment such as tractor, manure spreader, or able to learn!
- physically fit and ready for a summer on their feet, lifting, bending, reaching, carrying, and maybe even dancing!
- passionate about inspiring the next generation of equine professionals!
- a woman! Men with exceptional qualifications who can thrive in a women-centered environment will be considered (job description will slightly differ to offset typical in-cabin responsibilities).
We look forward to answering any questions you may have.