Amazing leadership opportunity at one of New England's Premier Summer Camp locations
Set in the heart of the white mountains
- Freedom, New Hampshire
- $1,100.00 - $1,250.00 / week
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Jun 03, 2023)
Swim Director at Camp Cody! June 3rd - August 12th
The Swim Director will plan, direct, and implement activities in Camp Cody's swimming Program. Overseeing all health and safety, risk assessments, and maintenance of the swimming equipment and area, while delivering lessons and coordinating swimming into the entire camp program.
Receive room, board, on-site training, a salary of $1,100-$1,250 per week. Lifeguard certification is required and available at camp.
Plan, direct, and supervise a safe and fun waterfront program
- Write (with the help of waterfront specialists) lesson plans that meet camp goals.
- Evaluate the aquatics abilities of campers and staff.
- Deliver creative swim and watercraft program activities.
- Train and supervise waterfront staff
- Assist in the planning and implementation of staff training.
- Train waterfront and counseling staff in their waterfront responsibilities.
- Supervise waterfront staff to provide a safe and high-quality program.
- Supervise the waterfront staff evaluation process.
- Implement the scheduling of waterfront staff.
- Directly supervise other aquatic staff.
- Manage the physical facilities and equipment in the waterfront program area
- Set up the waterfront area prior to and during staff training.
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
- Conduct initial and end-of-season inventory and store equipment for safety.
- Check equipment, and make (or file for) repairs.
- Conduct a daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Survey the waterfront area daily, and keep the area free of hazards and debris.
- Participate as a member of the camp management team to plan, direct, and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions
- Work with Program Director and Waterfront Specialists to develop a program curriculum, awards programs, and leadership programs.
- Assist in the planning of any special events on or near the waterfront.
- Participate in management and staff meetings.
Who are we?
Camp Cody, located in Freedom New Hampshire, has been in operation since 1926 and we have been providing life-changing summers to children and staff of all ages. Our team is made up of teachers, professors, sports coaches, entrepreneurs, hikers, bikers, travelers, video game conquerors and so much more. We are your Cody family. People who help provide a safe and fun environment for children to spend their summers in.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $1,100.00 - $1,250.00 per week
- 10 hour shift
All staff must be vaccinated against Covid-19
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org