Downtown Cody , near Yellowstone , 24 room Motel-NO FOOD
1 hour from east gate of Yellowstone National Park, 2 hours to Billings, MT
- Cody, Wyoming
- $500.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 01, 2019)
Job + (dorm style) FREE HOUSING. Guaranteed two consecutive days off! SHOULD HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE INDUSTRY OR LEARNING ABOUT IT and be able to work legally in the US. Knowledge of Booking.com, Expedia Extranet's, Revenue Management and basic online reservation system requested, but they're user friendly and easy to use.
FREE Housing FREE Laundry are on the property. Best described as an over-sized dorm room with full-size bed, microwave, flat screen TV, WIFI, AC, sink, private bathroom. NO PETS OR SMOKING. ROOM FOR ONLY ONE PERSON. The idea behind having you on the property is in case someone locks themselves out.
Job includes most aspects of running a small motel including front desk, concierge, assisting with housekeeping -
security. You will be working mostly DAYS. Owners are also on site and very involved.
Cody is best described as a "back to the future" town (I came from Boston), and the Gateway to Yellowstone on the Eastern side. We're a small western town with a big city attitude! The motel is located downtown on Sheridan Avenue within walking distance to all shops and restaurants. Although a car isn't required, you'll wish you had one as there is no public transportation in the area or to Yellowstone.
A Western Rose Motel: Manager Job Description.
Reports to: Owners Mark Kearney and Brenda O’Shea
Timeline: May through the end of September.
HOUSING: Included on property next to the office, dorm room size with TV, WiFi, microwave (grill outside), fridge and shower. Must remain overnight on property in the room for 5 nights per week. Although the office is not open 24 hrs, you must be available for emergencies (usually a simple lockout or late check-in). Housing is for 1 person only.
APPLICANT MUST BE A NON SMOKER: Smoking outside does not count as this is a NON-SMOKING property. No pets. No visible tattoos.
Salary: $500 per week/ 40 hrs per week (not including the time you are sleeping there) with 2 consecutive days off. Housing included.
Job Objective: To deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests. To supervise, train and motivate others, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new employees and guests.
THIS IS A VERY PHYSICAL JOB, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EVERY POSITION REQUIRED IN THE MOTEL and be on your feet for several hours at a time.
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times, ensuring guests’ comfort and safety
- Deal with all inquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail/internet.
- Assist in keeping the hotel clean and tidy, at all times. SWEEPING, MOWING SMALL LAWN, MONITORING LAUNDRY, STRIPPING AND MAKING BEDS. HOUSEKEEPING STAFF CONSISTS OF LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE STUDENTS WHO ARE COMING TO THE USA FOR THE 1ST TIME!
- Deal with customer concerns/complaints in a professional manner. You are not authorized to refund guests, simply pass our business card on to them.
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximizing bedroom sales opportunities. MARKETING SOCIAL MEDIA SKILLS A PLUS
- EXPERIENCE WITH BOOKING.COM AND EXPEDIA.
- Manage and maintain the administration of all reservations, cancellations, and no-shows, in line with company policy.
- Propose and implement effective marketing strategies to maximize room occupancy levels, meaning much more than "lower the price".
- Complete all daily administration tasks as required including but not limited to, Social Media, OTA updates, Daily books, Daily deposits and Email correspondence.
- Ensure that all rooms and areas are checked thoroughly at the end of every shift, confirming that they meet our high standards. CURRENTLY, THE MOTEL IS THE HIGHEST RATED, LOWEST PRICED DOWNTOWN PROPERTY.
- Maintain the correct handling of all soiled linen and ensure that every bedroom has the correct bedding, relevant number of towels and amenities, etc.
- Report any faults or damage in any of the bedrooms (or hotel facilities) immediately to the hotel owners.
- Monitor and oversee maintenance issues and/or upgrades.
- Be accountable for all relevant product delivery and stock management (laundry, cleaning materials and bedroom supplies), including setting stock levels, checking, counting, storage, reconciliation and loss.
- Provide reports as required for the hotel owners.
- Maintain effective communication at all times among the team and hotel owners.
- Ensure that all members of the team sign in/out on the time sheets at reception and manage absence and lateness, in line with company policy.
- Complete all required health and safety/fire checks on time, maintain a log for monthly inspections.
- Be responsible for evacuation, in cases of emergency, acting as the first point of contact for the team, guests, and the emergency services.
- Report any security issues to the hotel owners immediately.
- Take responsibility for extra management tasks as required in the hotel owner’s absence and/or to increase productivity and sales.
- Always adhere to all company policies, procedures and licensing laws.
The position is ideal for a mature college intern or someone already in hospitality. This person is also interested in learning about running a seasonal small business and learning entrepreneurship. Web & social media skills a plus. Motel operates from May-end of September.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, experience and references.
Mark, the owner and I, are intense and opinionated people who are hands on owners and direct communicators.
WANTED: Thick skinned, well versed and physically able to lift, bend and be on your feet for several hours a day need only apply. Please read our reviews about the motel to learn more about us. Loyalty is a MUST, along with staying until the END of September.