Tour Bus DriversApply Now
Approximate Season Dates: May 20 - September 18
Brooks Lodge operates under a Concessions Contract with the National Park Service and is the busiest of the three lodges. Lodging capacity at Brooks is for 64 guests. In addition there is a campground for 60 people nearby and Brooks is also a popular fly in destination for day trips that include fishing and bear viewing.
Tour Bus Drivers:
Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a current Class B Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement.
At Brooks Lodge we operate a daily 23 mile each direction tour that goes out to the Valley of 10,000 Smokes which is the volcanic site that is actually the reason that Katmai exists today. Once at the visitor center at the end of the road, guests have the afternoon to hike and explore the valley before the bus returns to the lodge later in the afternoon.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Safe operation of a 28 passenger tour bus driving down the valley road and back in the afternoon/evening.
- Set up and take down of a sack lunch service for guests.
- Cleaning of bus and daily pre trip inspections
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs.
- Driving shuttle vans between lakes with guests