Cafe Manager for Bright Angel Bicycles and Café located in the Grand Canyon National Park
Grand Canyon National Park - a World Heritage Site!
- year round
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- $18.00 - $19.00 / hour + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Are you a fast-paced, upbeat, people-person with leadership skills who is also a great team player? Ever thought about relocating to one of the most unique and beautiful places on the planet? We might be well matched then! Check out more about our company in the video below to get to know us and then see if you are a fit.
The Cafe Manager of the Bright Angel Bicycle Café is responsible for working with the General Manager to oversee all aspects of the café’s operations. This includes but is not limited to supervising employees, ensuring the café meets all health safety and sanitation standards, reports and procedures. The Cafe Manager will be responsible for ensuring all customers are provided with exceptional service, accurate information, and any complaints or concerns are addressed, remedied, and documented as necessary. The Cafe Manager will also be responsible for daily inventory totals and supply ordering from Bright Angel Bicycle's suppliers, entering daily sales receipts and verifying the accuracy of the drawer.
The Cafe Manager must be capable of managing a fast-paced food service environment, be effective and resourceful with your time during the slower winter months as well as display strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills. Additionally, the Cafe Manager will be expected to become proficient in all aspects of the café’s workflow and be able to fill in for any position needed. Given the location inside a national park, the Cafe Manager must possess a detailed knowledge of Grand Canyon geography, rules and regulations, visitor services and be able to effectively communicate them with park visitors.
· Barista and Cashier experience is preferred.
· Upbeat, positive team member, ready to step into any shift as necessary.
· Two years experience in restaurant or coffee shop setting is preferred.
· Have a strong commitment to workplace safety.
· Able to follow established procedures and protocols.
· Committed to implementing environmental protection practices.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/SPECIAL TRAINING:
- Coconino County Food Manager’s License (Bright Angel Bicycle will cover cost).
- Completion of Bright Angel Bicycles and Cafe annual training course.
- Completion of position-specific training.
- High School Diploma (please reference school and year of graduation).
- Must be a US citizen or possess a permanent resident card.