Spend Your Free Time Skiing & Riding
Jobs in the Spotlight
Spend Your Day On The Mountain!
Perfect Mountain. Perfect Mountain Town.
Spend Your Free Time Skiing & Riding. When Your Work Day Includes Skiing & Riding
Elevate your career in the mountains
Reach Your Peak!
Spend Your Day on the Mountain!
Calling All Gear Heads
Drive Away from that Desk Job!
Apply today and start your Experience of a Lifetime!
The Best Job On The Mountain
- Mountain Operations - The Mountain operations team includes everything from lift operations, ticket scanners, groomers and more!
- Transportation Driver (CDL and non)
- Food & Beverage (Including Fine Dining) - Entry/Int/Adv Cooks, Cashiers, Servers, Support Staff, and more!
- Ticket and Pass Sales - Working outdoors not your thing? We have many opportunities if you've got the guest service skills! Great opportunities to build a career!
- Vail Resorts Retail - Ski Rental Shop Staff, Cashiers, Sales Specialists, and more! HUGE gear discounts and the best perks on the mountain!
- Hospitality (Including Rock Resort Properties) - Housekeeping, Front Desk, Concierges, Valets. Many year round opportunities!
- Ski & Snowboard School - Spend your days on mountain teaching others how to have the Experience of a Lifetime!
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available! Paid Training!
The Instructor will provide quality ski or snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity using our teaching handbook as a guide.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source or lesson meeting place, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend morning meetings.
- Must be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Must have high level of guest service skills and experience.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson.
- Arrive to work on time prepared for all duties within job description.
- Able to work cooperatively with staff and other departments to ensure safety, security and enjoyment of our guests.
- Knowledge and awareness of the environment. Must be able to make sound decisions based on weather conditions, terrain and temperatures.
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian (children's instructors only).
- Must be willing to perform occasional duties with other departments (e.g. scanning, food & beverage, lift operations).
- Must be willing to perform occasional duties with other departments (e.g. scanning, food & beverage, lift operations)
- High school diploma
- Minor computer skills in order to operate browser
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written
- Strong intermediate skier or snowboarder, who can make parallel or linked turns on blue terrain
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals as assigned
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to adhere to the Vail Resorts policy of wearing an approved helmet at all times while teaching
View Job Description
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski or snowboard instructor experience
- Experience in working with children (children instructors only)
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
Breckenridge is currently seeking both Full Time and Part Time Lift Operators. Part time is defined as 25 days min throughout Dec to March
Breckenridge Mountain Operations is currently hiring passionate and outgoing lift operators to join our highly successful Lift Operations Team. Full Time & Part Time positions are available.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for guest safety at the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Must be safety conscious and able to make quick decisions.
- Responsible for making positive contact with our guests as they enjoy our mountain.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily job related tasks.
- Assists in snow removal, daily setup, and routine maintenance of lift areas.
- Assists all guests in loading, riding, and unloading of the chairlifts/gondolas.
- Able to work for extended periods of time outside in winter conditions.
- Works closely with ski patrol, mountain safety, lift maintenance, and lift electric to assist and resolve any problems that may arise on the mountain.
View Job Description
- Professional attitude – required
- Proven employment record - required
- Must be able to adhere to an early morning starting time - required.
- Experience working in a winter environment - preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Ability to read and write English - required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time - required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs - required.
- Exceptional guest service skills; Ability to work in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.