Join us for a Fantastic Summer Internship Opportunity in the Rocky Mountains!
Steamboat Springs is located in Northwest Colorado in the Yampa Valley of the Rocky Mountains.
May 15, 2023
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
- Monitor and supervise the safety and actions of children setting clear boundaries by relaying Club rules and policies
- Develop high yield activities with milestones and benchmarks both indoors and outdoors for groups of 10 - 20 children and adolescents
- Report concerns relating to the members, families, staff or facilities to Club Director
- Motivate youth in a consistent and constructive manner, while maintaining a positive Club Experience
- Participate in staff meetings, special programs and / or events as requested
- Lead local field trips for youth
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management staff - i.e. closing, clean - up
- Enrollment in post - secondary program: Education, Early Childhood, Parks & Recreation Management, Psychology or Related Field
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Create and maintain a safe environment for young people
- Ability to pass a criminal background and fingerprint check
- Adaptable and flexible work skills with the ability to work in a changing environment
- Experience working with youth ages 6 - 14 from diverse backgrounds
- Motivate youth and manage behavior challenges
- Valid Stat Driver's License
- 40 hours per week @ $16.00 / hour (bi - weekly pay)
- Paid lodging for 9 weeks (June 6 - August 5) with communal kitchen, may include a shared room
- Up to $1,000 End - of - Summer bonus on final paycheck based on 8 full weeks of work
- CPR Certification and over 20 hours of Youth Development Training
- Classroom Management, Group Dynamics, Trauma Informed Care and Positive Youth Development skills training, STEAM, Physical Education, Art, Tutoring and Teen Program Development
- Live in beautiful Steamboat Springs, Colorado for a summer with access to hiking, biking and a free bus system
- Mandatory Staff Training - June 5th - 9th
- Summer Camp Work Experience - June 5 - August 5, total of 9 weeks including training
- 8 hour work day, 5 days per week
Learn more about Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Colorado.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Kristen Weese (email@example.com).