Work under the northern lights, up to $5k a month in tips!
guests experience the aurora in an igloo with a see through wall
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
At Latitude 65 we are dedicated to providing the best customer service in Alaska to our guests. We are the restaurant for Borealis Basecamp, an adventure resort located just outside of Fairbanks. Guests from all around the country and world gather to experience the northern lights, and try Alaskan fine dining at Latitude 65. We are an off grid, full service restaurant, and our focus is local and sustainable Alaskan dishes. We are looking for a friendly, outgoing, and dedicated person to join our team! This position has room for growth longer-term for those who wish to thrive in Alaska but prefer a more modern approach to Fine Dining.
Latitude 65 Fine Dining Server Responsibilities:
- Offer information to guests as expert on the menu selection, preparation methods, and ingredient sourcing of dishes, including features.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, deliver requests to kitchen for preparation, deliver orders to the table in proper order, remove courses as completed, refill drinks, and collect payment at the end of the meal
- Following all alcohol standard operating procedures, including maintaining security of alcohol stock, pouring accurately to minimize waste, and suggesting wines to guests based on guest orders
- Preparing dining room for dinner service, including setting tables with table cloths, table settings, polishing silverware, polishing glasses, and preparing menus for dinner service
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside
- Promptly address customer service issues and refer customers to management when necessary
- Following reservations systems to seat and serve guests
- Creating a welcoming, customer service driven environment for guests
- Assist with washing dishes as needed
- Ensure that all dining areas work stations are being cleaned and closed correctly
- Maintain standards of quality set by Chef and Restaurant Manager
- Work with Chef and other managers to ensure all personalized guest events are completed flawlessly
- Follow all written and verbal instructions from management
- Counting and closing registers after shift
- Operate POS (Toast) system to ring in orders
- Any and all duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years serving experience
- Fine dining experience preferred
- Ability to preform under pressure
- Must be over 21
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Knowledge of beer and wine preferred
- Alaska TAPS card (OR needs to pass upon arrival)
- Alaska food handlers card or Safe Serve
- Ability to count and manage cash on hand with accuracy
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self motivated and self directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
- Able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
How to Apply
Email Trish, the Restaurant Manager at email@example.com with your resume and what interests you about Basecamp/Latitude 65!
Please note our season Starts Very Soon and Availability to start in Early September is Required. This is a great opportunity to make money POST the summer season in Alaska!