Live and work under the Aurora Borealis!
Experience the Aurora Borealis, great hiking trails and enjoy all the Borealis Basecamp activities!
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- up to $23.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Aug 12, 2023)
At Borealis Basecamp, we are dedicated to providing the best customer service in Alaska to our guests. We are an adventure resort outside of Fairbanks, Alaska, where guests from all over the world gather to watch the northern lights and experience Alaska’s beauty. We seek dedicated, friendly, energetic people who enjoy interacting with people from all over the world.
The staff housing RA/Administrative Assistant position involves regularly interacting with staff, boosting staff morale and wears many hats to successfully do the job.
Housing Coordinator Skills and qualifications:
- Ability to always act professionally and as a strong role model for staff
- Effectively communicating and listening to staff
- Good organization skills
- Great time management
- Must be able to organize housing chart
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the General Manager
- May be required to work nights and weekends as needed
- Implement one staff activity per week
- Log and confirm count of staff to schedule correct transportation
- Log and confirm count going on activities (staff outings) and shopping trips
- Schedule one staff shuttle to town per and account for all staff that will be attending
- Develop and implement innovative employee motivation and morale programs, such as:
- Staff Olympics/Murder Mystery night/Sports outings/Scavenger hunts/Game nights
- Required to keep accurate copies of all staff housing paperwork, including lease paperwork, room assignments, room check ins and outs
- RA is required to hold ‘office hours’ for staff members to bring up any issues in staff housing
- Maintain inventory levels in staff housing
- Report any staff issues to general manager
- Uphold all Borealis Basecamp policies in staff housing
Administrative Assistant – Skills and Qualifications
- Sort, code, and organize companywide credit card receipts on regular scheduled basis
- Audit new hire paperwork and staff housing paperwork for completion, and return to appropriate manager/supervisor for completion as required
- Assist with posting positions & organizing interviews for a variety of positions across the company
- Invoice travel agents according to agreed upon billing contracts
- Assist with weekly organization of inventory sheets and auditing for completion, and return to appropriate manager/supervisor for completion
- Assist with organizing weekly order pick-ups
- Retain a good attitude and be willing to jump in on various last-minute scenarios, such as driving guests/luggage into Fairbanks, running last minute pick-ups, assisting with various departments if/when they are short staffed.
- Experience in QuickBooks
- Strong work ethic
- Professional demeanor
- Computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Time management skills, organizational skills, and resourceful
- Able to lift, rotate and place 50lbs.
- Ability to negotiate uneven terrain in low-light
- A flexible schedule and willingness to work with others are necessary
For all positions at Borealis Basecamp, every team member must be willing to help team members out of their regular department and must be able to hold a conversation with a stranger for several minutes.
The ability to keep information confidential is a crucial part of this position. The disclosure of confidential information to unapproved individuals will result in immediate termination of employment without appeal. $1.50 per hour worked bonus for successful completion of season.
Starting Date: August 12th, 2023
End of Season: April 15th, 2024
How to Apply
Please email questions and resume to: email@example.com