Live and work under the Aurora Borealis!
We are in rural Alaska, with views of the White Mountains and the Aurora Borealis!
- year round
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Jul 16, 2023)
At Borealis Basecamp, we are dedicated to providing the best customer service in Alaska to our guests. We are an adventure resort north of Fairbanks, where guests from all over the world gather to watch the northern lights and experience Alaska’s beauty. We offer overnight accommodations, snowmachine tours, dog sledding tours, reindeer tours, fine dining, and more to our guests. We seek dedicated, friendly, energetic people who enjoy interacting with people from all over to join our team.
Borealis Basecamp Activities Director
The Activities Director is a year-round position, that develops, facilitates and continually improves all aspects of the Borealis Basecamp activities program.
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to):
- Develop additional excursion and guest programs through long term planning with Bureau of Land Management and Department of Natural Resources.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training all Activities guides
- Coaching, counseling, and providing corrective action to staff
- Managing availability, resource allocation, and staff allocation of all tours in reservations software
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with current/future partners to offer 3rd party tours, maintain accurate availability, and coordinate departures
- Ability to develop relationships within the community to provide growth for both private and public tours and adventures
- Thinking creatively to solve problems that invariably arise with planning, tour coordination, large group booking, rescheduling, and customer service issues
- Ensuring facility and equipment upkeep and maintenance on Borealis Basecamp activity center and all Borealis Basecamp snowmachines, ATVs, RAZrs, snow coaches, etc.
- Developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity to Borealis Basecamp standards
- Accomplishing financial objectives by forecasting requirements and costs
- Maintaining quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing, and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements
- Work within established parameters for health, training, and feed supply of on-site livestock
- Plan out and execute weekly Emergency Scenarios throughout the season with Activities guides
- Willingness to learn and train team members on operations of Trooper & Hagglund Snowcat
- Demonstrated leadership and prior management experience (2 years' experience required)
- Ability to develop and execute tours and activities that drive revenue and create memorable experiences for guests (required)
- WFR or WFA (preferred or ability to obtain or attend company sponsored course prior to start of season)
- Experience with ATV/snowmachines (preferred)
- Ability to maintain and project a positive attitude in all weather conditions
- Willingness to adapt and learn
- High intellect and ambition
- Excellent listener and open to feedback
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Collaborative team player.
- Ability to solve problems and conflicts in a friendly, professional, and helpful manner
- Proficient computer skills with programs including but not limited to: Excel, Word, and Teams
- Clean driving record
General Division of Workload:
- 70% Activities design and development
- Machines (snow machine, UTV, snow cat)
- Heli sight-seeing/landing tours
- Livestock program
- Build out current and future complimentary activities (Ice skating rink, sledding hill, hiking trails)
- 10% Administrative
- 20% Guide development/emergency training/active guiding
Salaried position: DOE
Company Phone Plan Available
Room & Board Provided (no cost, single occupancy)
2 Weeks PTO during non-peak times
How to Apply
Send your resume and what interests you about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.