Live and work under the Aurora Borealis!
Live in middle of the Boreal Forest, in backcountry Alaska!
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- $16.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
At Borealis Basecamp, we are dedicated to providing the best customer service in Alaska to our guests. We are an experiential destination just outside of Fairbanks, where guests from all over the world gather to watch the northern lights and experience Alaska’s beauty. We seek dedicated, friendly, energetic people who enjoy interacting with guests from all over the world to join our team.
You will be leading guests into the wilderness and through our trail systems by safely navigating the terrain and obstacles. Assist drivers with how to operate a snowmachine, and briefing guests on safety information for all machines. Entertain guests by informing them on the sights they are seeing and fun facts about the area. Answer guest questions. Make judgement calls to maintain the safety of our guests and machines. Wash, dry, fuel, and park snowmachines, ATVs, and UTVs. Perform maintenance on trails. Efficiently pack guide bags and perform regular inventory on fuel levels and consumables.
- The ability to hold a conversation with a stranger for several minutes is a crucial part of this position.
- Demonstrated experience riding ATV’s and ability to stay calm in an emergency required.
- Ability to lift a snowmachine if it gets stuck.
- Must be highly personable and willing to provide great customer service.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. CPR and Wilderness First Aid certified.
- Willingness to work in the outdoors in Arctic climate is crucial.
- Ability to stand on feet for up to 8 hours a day.
- Any and all duties as assigned.
- high level situation awareness
How to Apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please specify any medical training you have (WFR, First Aid, CPR, EMT, etc.) and any experience you have with ATVs and snowmachines.
Please note we prefer e-mail questions over phone calls!
***AT THIS TIME WE ARE LOOKING FOR ONE GUIDE, AVAILABLE TO START ON AUGUST 15TH***