Work under the northern lights
Guests experience the aurora in an igloo with a see through wall.
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- $4,000.00 - $8,000.00 / month + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Front of House Manager – Latitude 65
At Latitude 65 we are dedicated to providing the best customer service in Alaska to our guests. We are the restaurant for Borealis Basecamp, an adventure resort located just outside of Fairbanks. Guests from all around the country and world gather to experience the northern lights, and try Alaskan fine dining at Latitude 65. We are an off grid, full service restaurant, and our focus is local and sustainable Alaskan dishes. In our continued growth we seek a front of house manager to polish and refine our service standards.
Latitude 65 Front of House Manager Responsibilities:
- Managers will work the floor in addition to managing all front of house staff, including but not limited to: servers, bussers, hosts. This includes creating schedules, organizing work, and ensuring that hygiene and safety standards are followed, as well as all standard operating procedures
- Assist Executive Chef with interviewing and hiring staff for front of house positions, train new hires in front of house positions, train all employees on proper alcohol procedure
- Manage alcohol program to ensure quality, minimize waste, maintain an accurate inventory, and maintain security of alcohol, including red wines, white wines, beers, and sipping whiskeys
- Manage dinner reservations system for Latitude 65
- Creating a welcoming customer service driven environment for guests
- Counting and closing registers everyday
- Complete daily and weekly reports as requested for Executive Chef Easter and other department heads
- Communicate with other departments, including but not limited to, activities managers, activities coordinators, front desk leads, front desk managers, and housekeeping managers to ensure all room deliveries, activities meals, and other procedures are communicated, follow food safety policies, and are up to standard with Latitude 65 dining
- Ensure that all dining areas and work stations are being cleaned and closed correctly
- Maintain standards of quality set by Executive Chef and other department heads
- Updating, correcting, and printing menus to maintain accurate menu selections, including alcohol menus, feature menus, holiday menus, and regular menus
- Work with Chef and other departments to ensure all personalized guest events are completed flawlessly
- Arriving on time, prepared to work, in uniform
- Any and all duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership and at least 2 years of verifiable management position in restaurants
- Fine dining experience preferred
- Working knowledge of beer, wines, and bourbons
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self motivated and self directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
- Able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to use basic computer programs including but not limited to: Quickbooks, MS Excel, MS Teams, MS Word
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Alaska TAPS card
- Alaska food handlers card or Safe Serve
- Ability to count and manage cash on hand with accuracy
- Be on time to all meetings and shifts
Compensation: Salary DOE plus worked server tips (up to 8k+ per month)
The right person for this role has worked at least 2 years in front of the house management, and has a strong passion for food, hospitality, and a strong work ethic. This person must be able to juggle multiple demands at once, and be able to lead staff by example. This person should be willing to do any job required of them in the front of house , including working alongside servers, cleaning bathrooms, and covering shifts as required.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about food, knowledgeable in fine wines, and has an eye for the details. This job is for someone who is forward thinking with the ability to resolve problems, sometimes with few resources due to our location.
This role is not 40 hours/week for at least the first 2-4 weeks, and there will be a steep learning curve, though it is an extremely rewarding job for the right person.
How to Apply
Email George at email@example.com