Work and live in middle of the Boreal Forrest
Located off the grid in the Boreal Forest, with views of the White Mountains
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- $18.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
At Borealis Basecamp we are dedicated to providing the best customer service in Alaska to our guests. We are an adventure resort located just outside of Fairbanks. Guests from all around the country and world gather to experience the northern lights. We are looking for a friendly, outgoing, and dedicated person to join our team!
Staff Housing Chef Responsibilities:
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift
- Cooking orders according to food health and safety standards
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
- Preparing menu items and buffet foods in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare soups from scratch without a standardized recipe, based on available ingredients
- Receive orders, rotate old product, and restock new products
- Arriving to shift on time, prepared for work, in uniform
- Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment
- Preparing a hot lunch and dinner for up to 20 people on a daily basis, containing a main dish, a starch, and a vegetable for dinner and a main dish and a side for lunch.
- Any and all duties as assigned
This position is not located in the hotel restaurant, and does take place in the commercial kitchen located in the staff housing unit. We are looking for an individual with experience in the industry, who is independent and creative to work through staff lunch, dinner, preparing breakfast burritos and salsa for on property guests and prepare pack lunches for guests departing on activities.
This position is a 10-hour shift, 5 days a week. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working alone and maintaining a clean and food safe workspace.
This individual would be the sole full time employee of the staff unit kitchen, and so they would be responsible for the overall cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in kitchens
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self motivated and self directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
- Able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand on feet for up to 10 hours a day
- Baking experience preferred
- Ability to follow all directives given by any member of management
Rate of Pay: $18 / hour
Staff Housing available, double occupancy rooms
Our summer season starts June 7th and ends August 20th. The Aurora season starts August 25th and ends April 15th.
How to Apply
Send your resume to email@example.com