I like quotes; I’m a huge fan. I love how the perfect phrase can completely change how you look at or feel about something. In my experience, if you’re paying attention, they tend to pop up when you need them most. Here is a list of my top ten favorite quotes (at the moment) in no particular order:
- “There is nothing permanent except change.” Heraclitus
- “Integrity is choosing courage over comfort; choosing what is right over what is fun, fast, or easy; and choosing to practice our values rather than simply professing them.” Brene Brown
- “I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.”Socrates
- “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” Jane Goodall
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” Ayn Rand
- “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.” Margaret Mead
- “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” Albert Einstein
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas A. Edison
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” Tim Notke
- BONUS QUOTE: “Do or do not. There is no try.” Yoda
Maybe one of them will speak to you and give you the advice you’ve been in need of hearing. Or perhaps, they’ll help remind you of some things you already know to be true. Either way, Enjoy!
And if none of those quotes change your outlook, maybe browsing through all the newest Jobs in Great Places will.