Prep Cook at a farm
Blackbird Farm sits on 250 acres of beautiful rolling acres with lakes, ponds and redwood trees.
- Philo, California
- $12.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Aug 05, 2019)
Prep Cook will support the Head Chef by assisting with food preparation, washing dishes, serving food,
and cleanup of dining room, kitchen area, and farmhouse. The Prep Cook will report to the Head Chef.
Essential Functions and Duties include, but are not limited to the following:*
• Assist in preparation and serving of meals for students, staff, and guests.
• Follow established recipes and meet quality standards both in volume and small quantities.
• Perform repetitive work such as slicing, chopping, cutting, stirring, frying and other related kitchen
• Occasionally prepare and serve meals independently by following established recipes.
• Ensure food is maintained at proper serving temperatures.
• Clean food preparation equipment used, and ensures food preparation and service areas are
maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly deep cleaning of the facility and service areas and all
• Practice safe food handling guidelines according to Health and Safety and regulations (CALCODE).
• Receive, label, and stock food and supplies according to Environmental Health and Safety and
• Maintain internal cleanliness of entire Farmhouse, including bathrooms, living room, dining room, etc.
• Assist with other projects and duties as assigned
• Greet our guests with a smile and express a genuine appreciation for them
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Professional, mature and experienced working with a wide range of populations (experience with both
youth and adult clients).
• Ability to interpret and follow recipes and to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to work under time constrains, and support with preparing meals for small (10) as well as large (100+)
• Able to work independent of others with minimal supervision as well as in a team.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
• Culinary Arts Degree or a minimum of 1 year of equivalent experience in kitchen preparation and
• Must be available to work weekends.
• ServSafe Certified preferred.
• Employee must pass TB test and Livescan background clearance.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary